+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What are your 2016 HiFi projects.

I'm Justin.

I know where you are coming from Geoff. I've already played a bit with the standard Apogee crossover with the man that restored my original pair, tuning the MRTW ribbon by ear. Actually, that isn't completely true, I knew what I wanted in terms of FR beforehand. Digital EQ makes it easy to know where to head.

However I just fancy messing around and trying a few ideas to see how they work out practically. The only way of doing that at reasonable expense is to do it myself.

I want to see if I can raise the bar still further. The Apogee Duetta Interstella project raised the bar over the standard refurbished Duetta by quite a bit. However, these things are NEVER perfect, and never will be. I reckon, though, with some effort, I can do better still.

The next time I am between contracts I'll apply some serious effort to it.

danilo Guest

I need (want?) to build another set of 'Boxes' for my Golds.. Going to get the driver axis at ear level.
    Don't have the room for Jensen Imperial boxes though.. Which does annoy.

I'm Martin.

Lockwood cabs work in small rooms and the Imperial is not that much bigger, is it?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

danilo Guest

Wellll.. An Imperial is similar sizewise to a Westy Royal (or whatever the Marketing Shills call it today)
    Big enough so that the 'roomy' will make unpleasant noises, even more so than normal.
    Some serious shoulda / woulda / coulda regrets to having gotten married.. those long decades ago.
    My Motos , My cars and My sons seemingly irritate her , a lot.
    Clearly.. the intermittent 'sex' wasn't worth it
    Take care... those (few?) of you young enough for this to have Relevance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011