+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HASHIMOTO HM7's ordered!

I'm Andrew.

Default HASHIMOTO HM7's ordered!

Right thats it. I pulled the trigger on a pair of these, no doubt I'll be hammered with import tax!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

Nice. I won't ask how much. But you could be a bit more explicit. I know what they are, but I reckon the majority here may not.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

I've long lusted after a pair of these but have always considered them beyond affordability for me.

Good luck with them and I look forward to hearing how you get on with them in due course. As a matter of interest where did you order them from?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nice. I won't ask how much. But you could be a bit more explicit. I know what they are, but I reckon the majority here may not.
    The HM7's are considered one of the best transformers for the production of things like Step Up Transformers. Plenty of info on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondekker View Post
    I've long lusted after a pair of these but have always considered them beyond affordability for me.

Good luck with them and I look forward to hearing how you get on with them in due course. As a matter of interest where did you order them from?
    They are coming from USA.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

I'd like to compare something like these to my best SUTs.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Good choice, Andrew! Although they may seem rather expensive, I think they are really a bit of a bargain ... IME they 'swim with the best', most of which cost many times more than the Hashis.

I'm Andrew.

Thanks all. They will hopefully go into a new SUT which would be plumbed into my SS system hopefully to dispose the old faithful ortofon SUT which might get sold on or go into the valve system to work alongside other ortofon SPUs.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

montesquieu Guest

Love mine - Valvebloke made a fantastic job of boxing them up - with two inputs, a bypass function, and two loading options at each ratio.

I bought these after hearing MartinT's Choir Audio (which used them I think he sold it later) into his Aurorasound Vida. The Vida MC input is not bad at all but the HM7s made a significant difference - lovely match with a Miyajima Waza I had on loan at the time - enough to convince me to sell my Kondo era AN S6C (barring its ability to match the 1 ohm coils in the An Io that I had at the time, I consider the HM7 pairing its equal), flog the Io and get a Miyahima Shilabe to run with HM7s. When a second hand Vida later came up too I was over the moon.

They are seriously big for step-up transformers. I've had it up against the top-end S&B TX103 (which I also had at the time), Miyajima's own SUT , some Art Audios, and Auditorium A23, and a few others in a shoot-out earlier this year (this was written up at the time).

One thing to note is that I thought they took about three months to really come to their peak, it was a long run-in time ... I won't say it was disappointing at the outset - all their capability was apparent right from the off - but they certainly improved over that time.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Thanks all. They will hopefully go into a new SUT which would be plumbed into my SS system hopefully to dispose the old faithful ortofon SUT which might get sold on or go into the valve system to work alongside other ortofon SPUs.
    I think you will be astounded and shocked at how much better the HM7s are, compare to your Ortofon SUT

I must admit I am very tempted to order a pair of HM7 for collection when I am in Tokyo at Christmas. Trouble is I have lots of other temptations as well and my credit card run to all of them.
    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast