+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HDG carbon record mats

I'm Anthony.

Default HDG carbon record mats

Does anyone use a high density graphite carbon record mat with their Techie?

If so which one? how does it affect sound quality on a techie with standard platter?

Anthony
    My system:

Kenwood KD600/ Alphason HR100S MCS/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk3 or Technics SL1210/ KAB bearing mod/KAB TD1200 fluid damper/Sumiko HS12 headshell/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk2

Icon Audio PS3Mk2 phono stage (or Primare R32 phono stage plus Beyerdynamic SUT), KAB RF-1 rumble filter, Icon audio LA4 Mk3 preamp, Icon Audio MB90Mk2m mono blocks, Solid Tech Rack of Silence 4, Tannoy Glenair 10 speakers, Nordost Leif series Red dawn and Blue heaven interconnects, Neotech 3002 speaker cables

I'm Kevin.

Eugenio does (EU_73 on here).
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Eugenio.

Hi Anthony,

I have an HD grafite mat on my Technics.
    Is is made by Audiosilente, an italian company focused in accessories in hd graphite and uphrades for turntable.
    In my opinion it is one of the best mat, it works quite well (I don't expect any mirecle by a mat) and it is also very good looking.
    You can see some pictures of mine here:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...s-SL-1210-Mk-2
    My system:
    Analog sources: Basis 2001 signature + Vector 4 tonearm
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: DIY Ear 834 clone + Denon HA 1000
    Power Amp: Dsonic M3a-1500M *2
    Preamp: Grandinote Proemio
    Loudspeakers: Proac EBS

I'm Eugenio.

As I have written in another post I believe that the downside of use of accessories in graphite - and I think it's almost exclusively 'guilt' of the mat - is that it tends to dirty the stylus.
    It is made of the same materials of the inside of pencils, even if it is harder, in fact if you pass a white paper on it you will see it will be not perfectly white but will have somemtraces of grey.

I partially solved by gluing with glue spray on the graphite mat a carbon disc (the Speed mat by Extremephono), which it also helped to further stabilize the sound image.
    Other users of graphite have solved by using as a paint spray an hair-spray on the graphite surface.
    My system:
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr

I'm Anthony.

Thanks Eugenio,

Were Audiosilente good & reliable to deal with ? which clamp do you have?

Do you think the clamp and mat make a difference to the sound ? - if so what differences when used with the standard platter?

I'm thinking of trying them sometime.

Anthony
    My system:

Kenwood KD600/ Alphason HR100S MCS/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk3 or Technics SL1210/ KAB bearing mod/KAB TD1200 fluid damper/Sumiko HS12 headshell/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk2

Icon Audio PS3Mk2 phono stage (or Primare R32 phono stage plus Beyerdynamic SUT), KAB RF-1 rumble filter, Icon audio LA4 Mk3 preamp, Icon Audio MB90Mk2m mono blocks, Solid Tech Rack of Silence 4, Tannoy Glenair 10 speakers, Nordost Leif series Red dawn and Blue heaven interconnects, Neotech 3002 speaker cables

I'm Kevin.

I bought an HDG cartridge spacer through the eBay shop.
    I cannot fault the service.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Eugenio.

Simone, the head of Audiosilente is first of all a true audiophile, I can give a very positive feedback ok him.
    My system:

+ Reply to Thread