+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Preamp

I'm Andrei.

Default New Preamp

Here's my latest toy

[IMG][/IMG]

and it's a beauty. I have been looking for a while to move from a SS Pre to one that is valve based. I trialed the AVM Evolution 5.2 and that had a real sense of refinement and was a good step up from my ATC CA2. However this baby is in another league! It is pure Class A Single ended triode design with 6H30 valves. It seems to have everything: warmth, detail, timbrel accuracy. The soundstage is wider and now has a sense of depth as well. What you don't get is any add-on features. No phono stage, DAC, Headphone output, tone controls. No balanced inputs, just five line-level RCAs. Ayon does not seem to be very well known. That may be because they are an Austrian high-end company. This model - the Eris - is their bottom offering, so goodness only knows what you get further up the range. They have some incredible looking goodies on their website: http://www.ayonaudio.com/products/pr...linestage.html If you are looking for something special then check them out.

[IMG][/IMG]

The photos do not do it justice. I'm afraid my photography skills are no better than my Indian Rope Dancing skills.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Ian.

Very nice! Welcome to the world of valves.

I'm gone.

Oooo, yum! - I've always fancied Ayon gear but haven't got round to it -- yet!

... I'm not so sure about the geezer with the spear, though.

+ Reply to Thread