+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings!

I'm Nerijus.

Default Greetings!

Greetings all,

Found this site useful on my searches for headphone rig, and so I decided to join your community.
    I am totally new here, but not new in the music. Been playing live, instrumental guitar music. This is more like a hobby thing, but I am totally into.
    Therefore have a nice equipment. All my investments went there before.
    I am into vintage audio. Just like the sound of vinyl through the old vintage audio. Also the tube sound have some magic.
    I have a nice collection of vinyl: from 90's rock/heavy metal to classical instrumental records. Mainly listen to rock/metal, folk, some jazz and love film soundtracks (must to mention - Ennio Morricone spaghetti westerns).

As I previously mentioned, I am on the quest for a perfect amplification and DAC for my Sennheiser HD800.
    Just my family got bigger and there is no room for loud music (still remember old days from my bachelorhood ).
    I have been playing with IFI IDSD Micro. Still looking for something more out of head experience through headphone. The right word should be three-dimensional and holographic?
    Basically, the amp suited well for HD800 with good dynamics, body, resolution and deep soundstage with pinpoint imaging.
    Maybe dual mono or hybrid tube/solid state amp?
    Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

I'm Alan.

Hi Nerijus,
    Welcome to the AoS from me, vintage equipment can make great music, I have some myself, wander through this friendly forum and you will find all kinds of different systems and views.

Enjoy your music

cheers Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm Geoff.

Hi Nerijus. Welcome to AOS.

There are plenty of headphone users here, so if you ask questions, I'm sure you'll get answers.

I suggest visiting The Artist's Palette section and starting a thread there with your queries.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Nerijus.

Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread