+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tone arm lift lower device?

I'm Andrew.

Default Tone arm lift lower device?

I have bought myself a new(old) turntable. A Sony PS- X70. It works brilliantly except for all the automatic cueing, lifting and lowering operations. In effect it is working like a fully manual turntable. I am looking for a lowering and lifting device and also a device for lifting the arm at the end of a side. I have seen some fairly expensive solutions in America but does anyone have any cost effective ideas that might be available?

I'm scott.

Jelco JL-45 Tonearm Lift/Lower Device

The Q UP Automatic Tonearm Lifter for Manual Turntables

both are 40quidish

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    I have bought myself a new(old) turntable. A Sony PS- X70. It works brilliantly except for all the automatic cueing, lifting and lowering operations. In effect it is working like a fully manual turntable. I am looking for a lowering and lifting device and also a device for lifting the arm at the end of a side. I have seen some fairly expensive solutions in America but does anyone have any cost effective ideas that might be available?
    You have a very fine turntable there - spend some money and get it repaired rather than just bodging something aftermarket onto it!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    You have a very fine turntable there - spend some money and get it repaired rather than just bodging something aftermarket onto it!
    +1

I'm Andrew.

Thank you for those suggestions Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    +1
    Aahh well there lies a tale. Having given up on records some time ago I never really thought I would have a turntable again. But having taken my digital set up as far as I was prepared to go financially speaking, I needed something to tinker with. I decided to buy a low cost but effective turntable. I spotted a Sony PS-X60 on my local gumtree but after having a look at it decided it was a no hoper ( there is a short thread on here about it). But something about the Sony had me hooked and I stopped looking at pretty much any other model of turntable, I must admit I cannot really explain my decision on that it really defies logic. Anyway I found and bought a next model up knowing it had issues but with the intent of at having a bash at a repair myself. That is when I lost my nerve. It is working, of sorts, keeps perfect speed, and looks so complicated to work on I would hate to mess it up and make it worse. My plan is to try to get the original PS-X60 I was looking at cheap in order to practice on/look at/get used to etc. and then.....maybe have a look at my PS-X70. In the mean time I need something to make cueing up a record less of a lottery. By the way if anyone has suggestions as to who might repair it I would be interested.

I'm Geoff.

Default Tone arm lift lower device?

Mike Powell in Bolton will be able to sort it. He is outstanding and has serviced mine and many of my friends bits of gear.

http://www.mpavservice.co.uk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Andrew.

Sorry Geoff, only just noticed this. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give him a ring.

+ Reply to Thread