+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weights on speakers

I'm Geoff.

Ordinary gravel would be fine. As long as it is dried out before use. I've used it in speaker stands effectively. I'd imagine a canvas or leather bag filled with it would be OK as a weight on top of speakers.

Like this: http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...---10mm-921248
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

Bagged gravel or sand sounds the way to go, sonically if not aesthetically. Don't know if I could live with the weird shape though, but it would be lot cheaper than the 20mm thick granite slabs, which were estimated at £120 a pair cut to fit the top of the speakers, still leaving me with a flat surface for album cover etc.
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm John.

Cutting into the floor does seem a little extreme on reflection, but it would be tricky to fix the loose floorboards as we laid a new floor on top of the existing floorboards. Screwing down some MDF seems favourite.
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123