+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Norway.

I'm Cato.

Cool Greetings from Norway.

Hi, my name is Cato, and I live in South Eastern Norway. I have been playing and listening to music for a very long time, and my main interests are classical, jazz,and afroamerican music. I have a nice collection of vinyl, CDs, tape and cassettes. My vinyl player is very vintage, so I need to get something better.
    At present I use mostly CDs and DAC, and this is my rig:
    Yamaha S2100 CD/DAC, Mcintosh C46 pre, ATI 3002 power, Cayin Venus VP-100i integrated tube amp, Canton Vento 809 and Mark&Daniel mini+ speakers. At the end of next week I should also have a pair of von Schweikert VR4jr.

I'm martin.

Hi and welcome, enjoy the forum.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Cato. Welcome to AOS.

What is your turntable? Vintage does not mean it is not worth using.

The Von Scweikert speakers should be interesting. Why not post some system photos in the Gallery section, they'd be appreciated.

I'm sure you'll find a lot to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Cato.

Thanks, I am enjoying, and have found some good music I did not know existed. The classical part of the forum is really good.
    My turntable is a Pioneer PL-518, bought in 77. and it still sounds pretty good.

I'm Adrian.

Greetings Cato , I've been enjoying a couple Thinkerbell albums tonight , very mellow not quite your taste but Nordic I believe ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by munin View Post
    My turntable is a Pioneer PL-518, bought in 77. and it still sounds pretty good.
    The PL-518 is a nice turntable. Well worth keeping I'd say. You could probably make some simple upgrades though, if you like tinkering with equipment.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm christoffer.

Hi and welcome Cato, that's somewhat of an coincidence. I as well are a new member here from the southeast part of Norway

I'm Cato.

Hi, chris, and welcome to you too. I live south of Halden, almost in Sweden. I see you have been bying on Ebay and other places abroad. Prices on used gear are very low in Norway, especially on hificentralen. I have a very good rig that I got for less than half the price there. Hifisentralen is a forum like Art of Sound, and there are much good information to be found there too.

I'm christoffer.

Yea i'm a member of that fine institution as well, problem is that as all countries the second hand market is more often than not packed with some few brands that sold good in the past in that specific country and if you would like something other than those brands you have better luck looking abroad for those items.
    Im based in Moss btw

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Cato,

Hope you enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast