+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Make my system sing

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.j.s View Post
    Could be one of the reasons, the VAT is 25 here.

Just found a guy that sells the Heed questar w psu for 120 near where i live, wondering if i still should keep picking up people's leftovers and go for that one = more money for records, amp and beer
    its about right here for the mm version. may well be dearer in Norway though
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its about right here for the mm version. may well be dearer in Norway though
    ah, that's interesting. here it's usually 150 without the psu. How is the heed considered in the uk quality/sound wise?

I'm Grant.

MM is ok. maybe a bit better than that,... thats with the basic psu by way... the mc is about double that and quite good. I nearly bought one but decided on a mani Yanky one which does both and is very good value and sounds great. getting a xmas present of another Yanky one soon which does both as well and around same price mark. Emotiva Audio XPS-1. dunno what it will be like but it looks good and got some decent reviews so we shall see.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

I paid £75 posted for this below last month from another forum member who bought it in the thread below. I have hardly used it due to major redecoration of my lounge but I'm happy to pass it on at cost plus postage to Norway for the OP?

Tony

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...sical+fidelity

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I paid £75 posted for this below last month from another forum member who bought it in the thread below. I have hardly used it due to major redecoration of my lounge but I'm happy to pass it on at cost plus postage to Norway for the OP?

Tony

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...sical+fidelity
    Thank you Tony, i have however decided today "i think" on Trichord research Dino and Dino+ MK 2.

Amp update: I found something interesting today, a amp called Cayin 153b. It is near damn impossible to find anything about it seeing that it seemed to disappear as fast from the market as it appeared. I found a few reviews about it that had a lot of "wow" "ohh" "aaahh" best amp for the price "900" and so on, all those reviews are between 06-07 and then nothing Anybody knows what it is?

The info i found of it "some in norwegian":

Power RMS: 2 x 100 Watt / 8 Ohm. 2 x 180 Watt / 4 Ohm.

power supply: 500 Va
    Capacity: 90.000 uF.
    Frequency: 20 til 35000 Hz.+/- 0,5 dB.+ / - 0,5 dB.
    Distortion: 0,2%.
    Støydemping: 90 dB. "just gonna leave this in norwegian because google translate recommended: Hushkitting..."
    Input sensitivity: 380 mm.
    Connections: Phono 5 / 1 tape.
    Weight: 14 Kg.
    Dimensions (W x H x D): 44,0 x 10,5 x 37,0 cm.

I'm intrigued to buy it just to check it out, looks good and the little i have found about it i like

I'm Grant.

Heard the name. they did some good stuff I believe but not heard one or likely to I suppose. if its a good price you could be getting a nice toy
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm christoffer.

Its 200 so it's within my reach, i'm a bit poor this month

I'm Grant.

with the prices in Norway I think thats pretty good
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Thanks Chris.

Tony

I'm Alan.

Looks well built Chris, bipolar output transistors not FETs I would guess, judging by the boards.

Remote control always a bonus. Støydemping: 90 dB I would say is signal to noise ratio
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast