+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Make my system sing

I'm Geoff.

That much should buy a Graham Slee ERA Gold V. A known quantity and seriously good at the price!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.j.s View Post
    It says everywhere in every review "this 400 dollar phono", if anyone can find a cheap place to buy this thing on the net that delivers to europe i would be much interested because i can only find 600-750 dollar price tags on them
    Maybe mean £... its about £340 + or thereabouts. I,m getting something similar from the states soon so hoping its in this league
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

It says everywhere in every review "this 400 dollar phono", if anyone can find a cheap place to buy this thing on the net that delivers to europe i would be much interested because i can only find 600-750 dollar price tags on them
    It costs £350.

It is distributed in Norway: http://ifi-audio.com/sales/#norway

With regards the positioning, I think the idea is that once it is set up for your cartridge then there is no reason for further interaction so you just hide it away. Then again if you have records that were made with different EQ curves, you would want access to select the appropriate one for each record.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by technobear View Post
    It costs £350.

It is distributed in Norway: http://ifi-audio.com/sales/#norway
    Yea i saw that, and the distributor here in Norway priced it more like £450 because reasons, They do however have their store only 30min from where i live so could go there for a listen and check if the price is set in stone or not.

I'm Kevin.

Im undercover

I keep seeing on this forum praises of Alans fb but so far i haven't been able to see what he sells it for? "it's probably right before my eyes".
    I reckon i could PM him but hey free advertising for Alan So what's the damage and how long is the delivery time of one of these units?
    I would love to put myself on the loan list but as a scandinavian i won't go thru the trouble with postage/costume even if i was allowed to loan it, I trust the ears of this group of fidelity folks that already praised it here.
    All the info you need is here - http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...898#post674898
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Neil.

The problem, is your speakers totally outclass your electronics and front end, sorry but that's the truth of the problem, and why it isn't singing - imho.

Frankly a £350 amp and a RP1, upgrades or not, won't give you the best sound.

I haven't heard your speakers, but they are in my opinion probably acting as an open window on the short comings of the system.

My gut feeling is you need to upgrade the amp and do that first. Problem is I can't say to what, because I have no idea what your speakers sound like. My advice go audition some options in a shop, take your, amp, speakers, then get home loans and try those option in your own system, and room.

I don't want to be rude but buying blind will, I am pretty sure not solve your problem.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 04-11-2015 at 19:30.
    Regards Neil

I'm Jez.

Thats great news, are you still dealing with the same prices and upgrades as before?
    Indeed but I won't be "pushing"/advertising them as I intend to focus on much more high end gear in the future. They will remain supported etc though.

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The problem, is your speakers totally outclass your electronics and front end, sorry but that's the truth of the problem, and why it isn't singing - imho.

Frankly a £350 amp and a RP1, upgrades or not, won't give you the best sound.

I haven't heard your speakers, but they are in my opinion probably acting as an open window on the short comings of the system.

My gut feeling is you need to upgrade the amp and do that first. Problem is I can't say to what, because I have no idea what your speakers sound like. My advice go audition some options in a shop, take your speakers, then get home loans and try those option in your own system, and room.

I don't want to be rude but buying blind will, I am pretty sure not solve your problem.
    There is a big difference between being rude and being honest, you are one of those two but it is not rude.
    The reason being why my system looks like it does at the moment is simple, i have been staring at craigslist every wake hour the last month for people selling stuff they don't know the true value of. I bought those 1500 speakers for 100, i bought the rp1 used a month for 120 "including the fono", i bought the amp for 60 and the rega rb250 arm with an unused exact element and incognito cables for 200. I also picked up a pioneer pd s-505 for 10. cables 70. And in this expensive country you sure have to look a long time for a better sounding system for 560 Now however when i have all the parts so i can atleast listen to music i'm in the hunt to refine it and as you said the first two things that needs to be changed are the amp and phono. I just missed a deal of a Creek Classic 5350SE amp with just 10min yesterday he was asking 120 which in this country is way WAY below what he should have asked for it. So back to stalking craiglist again after that elusive deal.
    And to upgrade to another turntable that sounds better than what this franken piece does would cost me too much so first i reckon amp and phono

I'm Chris.

Yea i saw that, and the distributor here in Norway priced it more like £450 because reasons, They do however have their store only 30min from where i live so could go there for a listen and check if the price is set in stone or not.
    In the UK, that price includes 20% VAT. How much VAT do you pay in Norway? Maybe there is Import Duty or similar.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by technobear View Post
    In the UK, that price includes 20% VAT. How much VAT do you pay in Norway? Maybe there is Import Duty or similar.
    Could be one of the reasons, the VAT is 25 here.

Just found a guy that sells the Heed questar w psu for 120 near where i live, wondering if i still should keep picking up people's leftovers and go for that one = more money for records, amp and beer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast