+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have been playing with these little guys for awhile now....

I'm Michael.

Frazeur, I wonder if you can say how much you have to pay for your Larc speakers in the US. If we buy them here in the UK they want £2450 for them around 3430 USD a pair. I would love to hear the Larsens but dealers are thin on the ground over here. I will be in Norway later in the year and may get the opportunity over there.

I'm Timothy.

Michael, my Larcs came about in a multi trade deal, so not an exact figure, just that it worked out for all. The last I heard, your US figure was where I was told they came in at, but then later heard prices had dropped a little. I certainly do not understand the US pricing, seems all over the place depending on time of inquiry.

Hopefully you will get an opportunity to check out the Larsens, like most things, not the ultimate, but a very solid performer in my book, especially for the outlay. They never fail to allow me to fully enjoy my music through them!

I'm Timothy.

Going on now almost 4 weeks with the Croft amps in the system, using my Naim Uniti as source only, and things sounding very, very good. Compared to the Naim amps, the Crofts just present a more natural, subtle smoothness to the overall picture. The Naims could be a bit hard edged, that is all gone now, providing of course, that the recording itself isn't that way. It took me awhile to kind of wrap my head around the differences in my system, but am loving it so far.

I have found the twin gain controls to be quite superb, and very useful for balance. I know many do not like them, and yes, I am sure there are better pots too, but these do the job very nicely in my opinion, not sure what the fuss is all about at times. I basically don't get worked up about them being in the exact spots, just set them and go, job done.

Currently using the stock Edicron valves that came with the units, and frankly am in no hurry to try anything else, as I really just want to get a good feel for them in their stock form. There really isn't anything I can complain about, these amps are simple, and I find the "styling"-if one could call it that, very appealing to me. I am not a "bling" person at all, so this fits. Purely functional, and I also thank Glenn for using the good old green/red LED's instead of nasty, piercing blue!

The main thing of course is that the darn things just sound superb for not a ton of cash. Have to say I am kind of hooked on them! So much so, that I am really itching to get my Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge on a turntable soon and check out the phono stage in the Micro. I just have to figure out what table to go for once I have saved back some money. More to come.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123