+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Ian.

Default My Current Setup

Triode TRV-845se - 20 watts SET valve amp and Living Voice Avatar OBX speakers

Meitner MA1 DAC and spare Ayre K-5xeMP pre amp and Albarry M608 monoblocks

I'm James.

Very sweet set up there.
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Martin.

Lovely finish on those speakers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Ooo - a Meitner DAC - nice, you very rarely see those. Said to be very special.
    Impressive and interesting amp, too.
    LVs are a Marmite thing.
    What source(s) do you use?

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Ooo - a Meitner DAC - nice, you very rarely see those. Said to be very special.
    Impressive and interesting amp, too.
    LVs are a Marmite thing.
    What source(s) do you use?
    I've only had the Meitner for a couple of weeks and I'm really liking it. If I get a room, I'll be using it at Scalford.

I'm currently using a Cyrus CDT but I also have a Perreaux CDt and Bel Canto CD3t but they are a bit temperamental. I've got a NAS and am going to get a streamer in the next few weeks.

I'm Neil.

Nice, very nice

If there is a pre-amp in on the amp, try your Ayre into it, you might be surprised by what you hear.
    Regards Neil

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Nice, very nice

If there is a pre-amp in on the amp, try your Ayre into it, you might be surprised by what you hear.
    There is a pre-in (balanced and single ended). I shall give it a go this weekend.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ijrussell View Post
    There is a pre-in (balanced and single ended). I shall give it a go this weekend.
    I think you might find that interesting, defo worth ago.
    Regards Neil

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by ijrussell View Post
    I tried running the Ayre pre into the pre-in on the Triode and the results were interesting but to be honest, I much preferred running the Triode as an integrated amp. The sound was a bit wider and cleaner but I lost the life and bounce in the sound.

I'm Andrei.

Default Triode TRV-845se

Nice Triode TRV-845se. I've been toying with the idea of those or their KT88 monos. Are you able to compare them with any other power amps?
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast