+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish I had the money for this!!!

I'm Steven.

Default I wish I had the money for this!!!

Hi

I've fallen out of love with vinyl BUT if I had the money I would simply have to have this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENWOOD-TRIO.../131636208899?

I hope someone off the AoS buys it!

I've been lucky enough to see and hear an L07D - what an experience.

Cheers

Steve
    "Jingoism, racism, fear, religious fundamentalism: these are the ways of appealing to people if you're trying to organize a mass base of support for policies that are really intended to crush them".
    Noam Chomsky

Current set up:
    Benchmark LA4 pre-amplifier and AHB2 power amplifier
    Sony CDP-X707ES CD player
    Sony CDP-X505ES CD player
    Topping D90SE DAC
    Sony DVP-NS900V used as a transport only
    Technics SLPG-590 CD player used as a transport only
    Marantz CD6000SE CD player used as a transport only
    Revel Performa3 M105 speakers and matching stands
    Massdrop thxaaa 789 headphone amplifier
    Audeze LCD-XC (2021 Revision) Headphones
    Connecty things: Chord, Accuphase, QED, AoS 'Barry Special', silly cheap Chinese USB cable (AMAZING value hifi product)

I'm Grant.

That is one fine TT
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Accudazed View Post
    Hi

I've fallen out of love with vinyl BUT if I had the money I would simply have to have this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENWOOD-TRIO.../131636208899?

I've been lucky enough to see and hear an L07D - what an experience.

Cheers

Steve
    Yes Steve, I can see why. The L07d looks stunning and is ONE of those decks ! Trio Leo here has or had one. A wonderful deck indeed. Hope you get lucky somehow

I'm Alan.

Beautifully over-engineered piece of machinery, I used to sell these as well as owning one for about 12 years, I was told at the time that Trio sold them at a loss, it wouldn't surprise me, when you read the technology that went into bulding them it was fascinating.

The arm mechanism weighed 9lb, the whole thing weighed 73lb, but it also played records with a beautiful timing and it delivered a truly solid bass. Probably the best deck I've ever heard.

I was lucky enough to buy it, a Trio L01A amplifier, a Trio L01T tuner (hence Trio Leo) and a pair of Allison 3 speakers for £500 from the widow of a customer I sold the system to some 14 years earlier, after 2 years of use sadly he died and his widow kept the system in it's original cabinet unused. all the equipment was immaculate but the amp was faulty, years later I still sold it for £250, I got the same for the Tuner and another £250 for the speakers.

As for the L07D, after 12 years of total enjoyment (photos are on the gallery I think) I decided that whilst it was still perfect it would sell, but if it broke down, it would be difficult if at all possible to fix and worth nothing, so I sold it for £2,500 to a chap in Scotland and hopefully he's still enjoying it.

I hope someone ends up with that all time classic.

Cheers Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm Dean.

Hi,

Very nice!

I remember seeing on of these in the window of Alpha Hifi in Leicester back in the 1980s.
    Dean

There are only two types of music. Music I own and music I don't.

I'm anOrgoneAccumulator.

It will be interesting to see what that ends up going for. There are a couple for sale at the moment.

I've never regretted buying mine:

Main System - T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; SME V/Ortofon Cadenza Blue; Audio Technica AT666EX vacuum disc stabiliser; Audio Technica AT636 Audio Insulator Feet. Phono: Whest PS30R. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909/Townshend Seismic Sink stands/Audiosmile Mk 2 Supertweeters. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-W1000; G&W TW-J1 head amp.
    Second System - Digital: NVA TFS. Amps: NVA P90 Pre. Speakers: B&O Beolab 6000 Active.

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Accudazed View Post
    Hi

It's in the US, so 110V and I'd be surprised if anyone in the UK buys it. In any case, this has now been clearly surpassed in the fantasy turntable wish list by the Nak Dragon in the classifieds.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    It's in the US, so 110V and I'd be surprised if anyone in the UK buys it. In any case, this has now been clearly surpassed in the fantasy turntable wish list by the Nak Dragon in the classifieds.
    It has a universal tx and can be used anywhere
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    It will be interesting to see what that ends up going for. There are a couple for sale at the moment.

I've never regretted buying mine:

A super looking, sonic beauty !

I'm Stuart.

What's the umbilical chord for?
    I assume it's some kind of vacuum platter?
    There's a Nakamichi turntable on here at the mo at £7k, that also looks like a stunning thing!
    A little too rich for me I'm afraid!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast