Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE READ! Current rules for selling in private classifieds(please read)

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Bumpety bump... Apparently there are still some folk here who can't read!!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Martin.

Here is why we insist on photos of the item for sale:

1) Security: It is rare but occasionally we get a scammer like that bloke from Manc flogging an expensive amp, he had pinched the picture off the interweb and it showed that the amp was in America not Gunchester.

2) People like looking at pictures of kit. Even if they have no intention or no means to buy it. Or do you think people buy hi-fi mags to read all the waffle?

3) You have about ten times (made up stat) more chance of selling it if there is a picture of it. [Unless it looks crap in which case ask less money for it]
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

4) It helps sift out the lazy-arsed fuckers, who use the forum selfishly, simply for their personal financial gain or otherwise, whilst expending the minimum of effort and giving nothing in return. If that's you, feck off, you're not welcome. We can't abide parasites!

5) That's just how it is here. We *insist* on pictures accompanying ALL adverts posted. If you don't like that, then use somewhere else to sell your stuff, where no doubt you'll either be charged for the privilege and/or forced to make a sizeable number of posts, before being allowed access to the required area...

Yes, on AoS, you've never had it so good!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    4) , where no doubt you'll either be charged for the privilege .
    But not here at AoS! We don't want your stinking money.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

Arf... Replace "want' for 'need', for greater accuracy!

Marco.

I'm Martin.

Costs a fortune to run this place though. Luckily it's all paid for just from the adverts for Russian brides. The trade pay too but we get together once a year, get drunk, and burn all the trade fees a bit like the KLF did.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Bassa, you didnae invite me
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Martin.

We did, gave you a bell but you were on your yacht off Mauritius partying with supermodels at the time and you told me to feck off and stop bothering you on holiday.

Surprised you don't remember that.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Luckily it's all paid for just from the adverts for Russian brides.
    Indeed. Apparently, these social-climbing Russian bints can be rather costly too [albeit that any expenditure is partially offset from Nectar points accrued], and are on the lookout for 'comfortably off', bald old blokes from the UK, preferably with anger-management issues and a penchant for being 'mothered'.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Bump on this folks...If youve not read, READ
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast