+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Runnng my Chord 2qute from battery

I'm Andrew.

Default Runnng my Chord 2qute from battery

Just got myself a Chord 2qute and after trying it out with the mobile phone charger type psu that came with it I decided to try a battery and I'm glad I did. Huge improvement, I could tell the difference from the other side of the room.

It draws about 0.5Ah so 12Ah battery should give a good 20 hours before needing a recharge.

Battery £26 and charger £22. Probably better than any mains PSU you could buy.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Jez.

A really good mains powered linear regulator will beat any battery It's a common misconception that a battery supply is the ultimate.... It's not even as quiet as the best linear regulators... just saying....It's still pretty good though and better than a crap power supply of course! Enjoy.

I'm Alan.

Suggest you put a fuse in line with one of the battery terminals Andrew.

The available current from these sort of batteries under fault conditions is enormous, better safe than sorry.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Suggest you put a fuse in line with one of the battery terminals Andrew.

The available current from these sort of batteries under fault conditions is enormous, better safe than sorry.

X2. Do it ASAP.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Mark.

x3,

Fit a fuse holder directly onto one of the battery terminals ASAP. A 2 amp fuse should be sufficient.
    Example fuse holder
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/In-Line-5x...oAAOSw3xJVdrSH

Also insulate the terminals so nothing can accidentally short them out.

insulated spades such as this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-3mm-Fema...nVaZN0H3v4dEWQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-3mm-Fema...ScVBqPdcvcLxYw

shorting out example on you tube

Last edited by Mark Grant; 24-10-2015 at 14:08. Reason: spelling

I'm Andrew.

Thanks for yor comments!

I found a good fuse holder in my parts bin! I have fitted and fit a 2.5a 'Naim' fuse!

I'm not to worried about covering the terminals at the moment as I'm the only one that goes near it and it's behind the rack anyway and it makes it easier to recharge it.

I've also ordered a battery tester to make sure the capacity doesn't drop below 25%.

I'm extremely happy with SQ from battery as the hugo runs from 2 3.7v batteries internally so I would imagine the 2qute runs from the same internal voltage, stepped down from 12v using the internal voltage regulator.
    Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 24-10-2015 at 12:34.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    A really good mains powered linear regulator will beat any battery It's a common misconception that a battery supply is the ultimate.... It's not even as quiet as the best linear regulators... just saying....It's still pretty good though and better than a crap power supply of course! Enjoy.
    Well I'll tell you what, it's certainly better than this thing that came with it!

My System:

I'm Jez.

It would be yes.

I'm Jorge.

Hi
    Can you explain me how to do the wiring for this?i am interested for this for my 2qute.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    Thanks for yor comments!

I found a good fuse holder in my parts bin! I have fitted and fit a 2.5a 'Naim' fuse!

I'm not to worried about covering the terminals at the moment as I'm the only one that goes near it and it's behind the rack anyway and it makes it easier to recharge it.

I've also ordered a battery tester to make sure the capacity doesn't drop below 25%.

I'm extremely happy with SQ from battery as the hugo runs from 2 3.7v batteries internally so I would imagine the 2qute runs from the same internal voltage, stepped down from 12v using the internal voltage regulator.

+ Reply to Thread