+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost sound in one channel!

I'm steven.

Swapped the monoblocks around and now the sound does not come out of the left speaker sounds like one of the monoblocks has a fault

I'm Grant.

does that mean its coming out of the other one now Steven? if the sound has moved with the amp then yep, a problem with monoblock. could be a line fuse? if it has any, or a bad connection or component failure.. Just wondering if something got shorted when you moved the firebottle. its usually best not to move things when on in case something comes adrift. Might not be too much
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm steven.

Grant nva monoblocks have no protection fuses I wonder if one of the interconnects has gone down I will try swapping out the interconnects I have between the power and the pre see if this makes a difference

I'm Brian.

Are you using the Klotz cables Steven because I guarantee these for life against any defect so no problem for me to have a look at them if there's any defects .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

double check by trying both sides of the pre as well then just in case it is the pre. If the pre is passive and I suspect it will be you only need to run the bad monoblock. try it with both cables then through the opposite outputs .. the pre will be fine or should be.
    It sounds like something has blown if you heard a noise. if you have a back up amp then you can try that too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm steven.

Found the problem one of the interconnects had went down between the power and the pre phew I was sweating like a pound of Semtex for a while

I'm Brian.

Is this the Klotz cables Steven ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

did it fall out when you moved the other amp? can happen... good its ok.. nice amps those
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm steven.

Brian no I had mark grant hd 2000 between the monos and the pre I have put some vdh 102 mk2 in for now I wonder how an interconnect can go down

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Brian no I had mark grant hd 2000 between the monos and the pre I have put some vdh 102 mk2 in for now I wonder how an interconnect can go down
    if they were short and tight plugs then some can seerate inside. I had one do just that a couple of months ago. it was a sealed plug too so it got chucked. great news
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast