+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SL-1200 outboard power supply.

I'm Per.

Default SL-1200 outboard power supply.

I have found this from China on EBAY.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1315852528...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is an ultra low noise regulated power supply according to them it is superior to normal LM 317 LT1086 and so on that sound hifi and Kabusa uses and many DIY use.
    They make whatever voltage you need,in this case for the SL-1200 21-22V the technics can run on 18-25V so there is no problem with 24 V as well but to be safe just say you want 21V.
    It connects just like any ather outboard power supply from OK suppliers.21V+ ti J3 and minus to ground post on motherboard.
    Run it to the on off switch so you can turn it on and off woth the regular on off switch.
    I have nothing to do with this firm i just wated to give you a very good product works perfect.

80£ free shipping in good looking box and perfect power,normally it goes through the customs whe shipped free at least in sweden.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by doom2112 View Post
    I have found this from China on EBAY.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1315852528...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is an ultra low noise regulated power supply according to them it is superior to normal LM 317 LT1086 and so on that sound hifi and Kabusa uses and many DIY use.
    They make whatever voltage you need,in this case for the SL-1200 21-22V the technics can run on 18-25V so there is no problem with 24 V as well but to be safe just say you want 21V.
    It connects just like any ather outboard power supply from OK suppliers.21V+ ti J3 and minus to ground post on motherboard.
    Run it to the on off switch so you can turn it on and off woth the regular on off switch.
    I have nothing to do with this firm i just wated to give you a very good product works perfect.

80£ free shipping in good looking box and perfect power,normally it goes through the customs whe shipped free at least in sweden.
    PSUs for the Technics make a big difference and the varying types, affect the presentation. I would contact Paul Hynes for his entry level one, or look at the Long Dog Audio one, or Origin Live's. Yes they are dearer but you get what you pay for.

Regards Neil

I'm Kevin.

Customer service is another bonus from buying from the above suppliers.
    My PSU developed a fault, and was fixed very quickly. I doubt you would get that with a Chinese supplied PSU.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Customer service is another bonus from buying from the above suppliers.
    My PSU developed a fault, and was fixed very quickly. I doubt you would get that with a Chinese supplied PSU.
    + 1

Regards Neil

I'm Per.

Well if their power supply is better made with better stuff inside and can be had fro 80£ i dont think it will be aproblem i have talke to them an i guess you can send it back for 15£ an d get it fixed if something is faulty and they test it before sending.
    The ones made in UK are just ordinary LM317 and ordinary components and they charge you 3-400£ for them.
    It is just like IFI Audio that state that their Ipower is a super quiet power supply it is nothing more than a wall plugs from china i have tested and chrushed one inside its no more than some shitty componenets and they charge 10 times the china power supply.I have regulated power supplyes with LT1086 that are much better than the wall plugs that comes with hifi gear. and cost about 40£ from china free hipping in good looking anclosures with digital voltage reading.
    Most of the times they bullshit you and charge you 10 times mera than they should.
    Then i can agree to having the suppliers close is a good thing.

But if you dont want to have it just dont buy it i wanted to give you all a better power supply to a nice price ,what is there to loose.
    Much better than trying to make something of your own.

I'm Nick.

The ones made in UK are just ordinary LM317 and ordinary components
    Well, they are probably ordinary components, no magic dust, but they are certainly not all LM317's
    Nick.

I'm Neil.

Well if their power supply is better made with better stuff inside and can be had fro 80£ i dont think it will be aproblem i have talke to them an i guess you can send it back for 15£ an d get it fixed if something is faulty and they test it before sending.
    The ones made in UK are just ordinary LM317 and ordinary components and they charge you 3-400£ for them.
    It is just like IFI Audio that state that their Ipower is a super quiet power supply it is nothing more than a wall plugs from china i have tested and chrushed one inside its no more than some shitty componenets and they charge 10 times the china power supply.I have regulated power supplyes with LT1086 that are much better than the wall plugs that comes with hifi gear. and cost about 40£ from china free hipping in good looking anclosures with digital voltage reading.
    Most of the times they bullshit you and charge you 10 times mera than they should.
    Then i can agree to having the suppliers close is a good thing.

But if you dont want to have it just dont buy it i wanted to give you all a better power supply to a nice price ,what is there to loose.
    Much better than trying to make something of your own.
    No worries Per, you pays your money and makes your choice.

Regards Neil

I'm Jez.

I'll just do the "me too" bit and add that I can also make any power supply for any application to order...

I'm Per.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I'll just do the "me too" bit and add that I can also make any power supply for any application to order...
    Well i know it works perfect so you do as you like.

There are people that cant make their own supply so this will be good for them.
    Dont know what you are afraid of.

Mabye the well respected UK firms are afraid of someone making something better for less money.
    I dont know.
    i have looked at photos if the time step and whatever they claim it´s just an ordinary LM317 circuit mabye som more
    resistors here and there but nothing fancy to it.

Have a good day and maby someone will be glad that i posted this and will buy this ULTRA LOW NOISE power supply.

I'm Nick.

Well i know it works perfect so you do as you like.

There are people that cant make their own supply so this will be good for them.
    Dont know what you are afraid of.

Mabye the well respected UK firms are afraid of someone making something better for less money.
    I dont know.
    i have looked at photos if the time step and whatever they claim it´s just an ordinary LM317 circuit mabye som more
    resistors here and there but nothing fancy to it.

Have a good day and maby someone will be glad that i posted this and will buy this ULTRA LOW NOISE power supply.
    Yep, but there is more than just Timestep when you say "all". Just saying.
    Nick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast