+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, my Pi is broken!

I'm Loz.

Default Help, my Pi is broken!

Hi all

I think I'm in need of some guidance from you wise heads out there as my Pi has stopped working and I'm a bit dim with the technical stuff . I thought I'd have a go installing Volumio to see if it was any better than Runeaudio. This is what I did....

First I unplugged it all, undid the case and slipped out the SD card. Next I installed Win32DiskImager on the laptop. Then I downloaded Volumio to the laptop. I then plugged in the SD card to the reader. I think then the mistake I made then was to not extract Volumio from its zip file before trying to mount it to the SD card. A message popped up to say something like 'you need to format this drive before you can use it'? I cancelled it and stopped what I was doing. I safely ejected the SD card. I put the SD card back into the Pi.

I then got zilch!

The Pi powers up OK but I'm not able to see Runeaudio on the network any longer. I also saw that my USB drive no longer lights up when plugged in and the two lights for the router no longer work, but maybe thats of no consequence?

What do you think ladies and gents? Have I wiped the SD card by mistake? Do I need to start from scratch? For which I may ask for help again. In AoS we trust!

The good news is I'm very happily playing records only today and Coventry City won again this afternoon.

Many thanks in advance of any help

Loz

I'm Grant.

Yes you will have corrupted it. Re format it on pc then install your choice of program... Volumio or I'd say moode... extract folder from zip first then use win32disc imager...(make sure you have the right drive as well) should then just be a matter of set up, of which moode is a fair bit easier as you dont need an hdmi cable and a keyboard.
    Last edited by struth; 10-10-2015 at 18:01.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Hi Loz.

Yes, sounds like you need to re-install it on the SD card. Remember, if you were using wifi, you will need to set it up with the Ethernet cable plugged in.

Cheers
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Loz.

Thanks Jo and Grant

So to be sure, I need to reinstall the operating system again right? Raspbian etc, then install Moode?

Cheers

Loz

I'm Grant.

Dunno what raspberian is .. I just have moode on card. Its all i need.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Loz.

Umm....OK. I'm probably wrong only I thought the software i.e. Moode, needs a platform/operating system to work from. I'll give that a go though Grant.

Thanks

I'm Grant.

Not on the sd card Loz. Just moode..current version is 2.3. All ser uo via its interface using you tablet or pc browser. You need it connected via a ethernet cable
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Hi Loz. No need for Raspbian, just Moode, Volumio etc.

I thought that at first too... makes sense in a way having an OS on the SD card but all it needs is the software image.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Loz.

I see now. Just been reading online how to do it Grant. Looks so much more straight forward. Will let you know how it goes. Ta

Loz

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Loz. No need for Raspbian, just Moode, Volumio etc.

I thought that at first too... makes sense in a way having an OS on the SD card but all it needs is the software image.
    Thanks Jo, I'm starting to get it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast