+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So did you get your Glastonbury 2016 ticket then?

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    So the full line up is announced today

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.u.../line-up-2016/

Looking like another eclectic festival for us. Thinking I'll probably go see Barclay James Harvest over the other headliners. I like the atmosphere of the acoustic stage.

Tame Impala make a nice addition to the line up too.

The Sunday proves difficult with lots of artists I want to see clashing with stage times though :-(
    Sunday Night, Gary Clark followed by Earth Wind & Fire .... Or LCD Soundsystem?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    Sunday Night, Gary Clark followed by Earth Wind & Fire .... Or LCD Soundsystem?
    More the afternoon and early evening really.

Beck/PJ Harvey clash

Michael Kiwanuka/Bat for Lashes/ELO...
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Gotta be ELO methinks..
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

And Beck
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

Got a half days work to do tomorrow then go pick up the motorhome, get it loaded up and await the arrival of Don McCorleone.

Looks like it's going to be a sticky one, they've had a fair old lash of the weather down there. I've got decent boots and waterproofs so what will be will be...

It'll be a hoot anyway.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Got the camper packed, see you tomorrow Rich.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm John.

Sitting at Reading Railway station at 4am waiting for the 6am Coach is not much fun but anyway the VW is now on site awaiting my eventual arrival.... Looking forward to seeing Ali, Rich and Dave again.

This is my 15th consecutive Glasto - can't wait - bring on the mud!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

I'm John.

Cheers gents - Dave, Ali and Rich.......a great pleasure again. The mud makes it tougher, but what the hell.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

I'm Rich.

Another great festival but that mud, according to Eavis the worst he'd seen in 46 years....

No matter, people just get on with it and you look out for each other. The Fri night we spent round the fire with John, Dave, Ali and our nearest and dearest was pretty special I thought. A warming nip of spiced rum, some great banter and putting the world to rights. Lovely.

Hope everyone had a safe journey home and it was lovely spending a bit of time with the AoS brethren too, joining camp with Don McCorleone, his daughter and her pals and my crew all getting on well.

In spite of the conditions on the ground and our delayed arrival we still saw some fabulous sets from Squeeze, Hobo Jones, The Temperance Movement, ZZ Top, Ronnie Spector, Blackberry Smoke, Ferocious Dog, Shibusashirazu Orchestra, Syd Arthur, a brief bit of Art Garfunkel, Mercury Rev, and Phillip Glass Orchestra. We also spent a bit of time around the theatre and circus fields enjoying everything from improv comedy to Bangra dancing and the various walkabout acts which Mrs B loves so much.

Sadly with our friends needing to be back in Newcastle for Monday am, we left earlier than usual on the Sunday and took a chance on a passing tractor to tow us out of the motorhome fields which meant we got home in time to catch Sunday highlights on the box

None of this however shakes our love for what is the biggest and best party on the planet and we'll be back to do it all again I'm sure.
    Last edited by RichB; 27-06-2016 at 21:18.

I'm Andr'e.

Oops did I miss it again ! O well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345