+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My first tannoys

I'm James.

Default My first tannoys

well after much uming and ahhing recently over a better amp for my ushers520,s ive ended up with a pair of Tannoy Revolution dc4tscratch:Attachment 15452Attachment 15453[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH],its too early to say i love em as its only been 2 days but i do like them and the pioneer amp seems to have an easier time with them. its a good job they have plinths albeit small ones or theyd fall over at the slightest disturbance , their footprint is very small. also thought id try a hifimediy sabre dac,again too early to judge but so far so good.i dont want anymore new boxes for a bit now
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Well best part of a week and I do like the little tannoys, plenty of detail and a nice spacious sound, bass heads look elsewhere, but there's enough for me and what there is feels right, no issues setting up, just plonked em either side of the telly pointing straight ahead the hifimediy sabre DAC,well I'm 50/50 at the mo, great for TV,voices especially are nice with little harshness,hooked up to my CD player I find it a bit 'digital' but I'll give it more time, I can always reintroduce the muse nos DAC for music later on, just have to decide whether or not to sell my ushers.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Josie.

A nice system there, James... I've yet to hear those Tannoys. Sounds like it's burning in nicely.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    A nice system there, James... I've yet to hear those Tannoys. Sounds like it's burning in nicely.
    Hi Josie, I'm hoping its a setup I can live with for a good while, save putting the Muse back in for music duties, having said that just playing Back in black and its doing justice the tannoys going deeper than I'd thought, seems they like to rock

I'm sorted.

I have their bigger brothers, the DC10Ts and they rock as well

I'm James.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I have their bigger brothers, the DC10Ts and they rock as well
    I bet they sound amazing Roy not sure my neighbours would be too keen though.

I'm James.

well so much for no more new boxes, i recently added a Lite DAC-AH, NOS DACAttachment 15639 apparently this design has been around for quite a while,i really like it,very undigital sound also decided to free up some space in the living room and so im in the proccess of ripping my cd's to a novafidelity x40Attachment 15640Attachment 15641 a simple if rather tedious affair. it sounds good but i prefer using via the Lite dac. i can access music via bubbleupnp but hopefully there'll be a better dedicated app soon. my cd's will be safely stored in thisAttachment 15642Attachment 15643 sorry the pics are a bit crappy, jim

I'm James.

bit of a system update, i like the tannoys, they work well in the space we have and the x40 has proved to be a great bit of kit,im now using it as a pre so the pioneer is going and has been replaced by a quad 306 power ampAttachment 16317Attachment 16318Attachment 16319 its early days with the quad but so far i like it. i was going to reintroduce the LiTe NOS dac as i really like it, but i also like what the x40 does

I'm James.

Default update

bit of an update, the lite nos dac has gone to help fund a tube buffer ,yaquin cd3 6N8P Attachment 16810Attachment 16811Attachment 16812Attachment 16813Attachment 16814 didnt come with a uk plug but at least i didnt get spanked for import duty.only just plugged it in so ill reserve judgement, seems well screwed together though.
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 30-04-2016 at 15:47.

+ Reply to Thread