+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raspberry Pi LInear Power Supply - New product

I'm Mark.

Default Raspberry Pi LInear Power Supply - New product

A new product by Sbooster.

High quality power supply with a Micro USB connector for the Pi and Pi 2.

This can provide a maximum of 3 amps at 5 volts which is much more current than similarly priced power supplies.

Extremely low power consumption as it uses a latest design regulator and also extremely low noise.
    Much more efficient that most other non SMPS power supplies.

Also includes a selection of different sized power tips so you can use the power supply with other devices that need the same voltage range.

This power supply can output 5 or 6 volts DC, switch selectable to work with a wide range of devices.

Available with gold or silver colour top plate, they both look great and are heavy with a high quality case and feel.

A top quality product and there is a lot more to come in this range of power supplies.

-

-

-

Link to my site to buy in the UK:

Raspberry Pi Linear Power Suply

Forum members send me a message for a slight discount for a limited period only as the price is already keen for a such a high quality product.
    -

I'm Scott.

Can this be used with the Regen? Cheers Scott

I'm Josie.

Looks ace!... very tempted for my RPi and most certainly on my shopping list.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mark.

They are very good indeed Jo

Quote Originally Posted by vegman1973 View Post
    Can this be used with the Regen? Cheers Scott
    If the regen is an uptone Regen http://uptoneaudio.com/products/usb-regen
    Then yes, set the PSU to 6V and it will be perfect and very low power consumption when compared with older less efficient designs of PSU.

Hi Mark, I noticed that you got a 12V version of the power supply as well. Would that be suitable for use with my Caiman MKII DAC and Capella headphone amp as well? Have you got one in stock that you can try out?

I'm Scott.

Yes it's the uptone Regen
    Thanks

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Hi Mark, I noticed that you got a 12V version of the power supply as well. Would that be suitable for use with my Caiman MKII DAC and Capella headphone amp as well? Have you got one in stock that you can try out?
    I use a 12 volt version with a Capella headphone amp and a pair of Oppo headphones, sounds great.
    I will start a new thread about the 12 volt as they are for a different range of devices.

I'm Mark.

I have a few 5 Volt in stock for the Pi and other devices.

probably the lowest measured noise PSU available and less than £200.

Includes a few different power tips to fit other devices that also use 5V.

Raspberry Pi Linear Power Supply - by Sbooster

I'm Rob.

I can't help thinking that a near-£200 PSU for a £25 Pi is way out of kilter. About time someone came up with a good linear PSU at a cost more in line with the Pi ecosystem? I'm no expert on what it takes to build a linear PSU, so perhaps that's not economically possible, and, if so, I think I will stick to using a battery pack (eg the Anker) for the more acceptable and in-keeping price of around £40

Alternative wording: I'm afraid my cheapskate tendencies over-rule my audiophile tendencies on this issue :-)
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    I can't help thinking that a near-£200 PSU for a £25 Pi is way out of kilter. About time someone came up with a good linear PSU at a cost more in line with the Pi ecosystem? I'm no expert on what it takes to build a linear PSU, so perhaps that's not economically possible, and, if so, I think I will stick to using a battery pack (eg the Anker) for the more acceptable and in-keeping price of around £40

Alternative wording: I'm afraid my cheapskate tendencies over-rule my audiophile tendencies on this issue :-)
    That's where your 'very' wrong, me hearty! Arrr!

If your a true cheapskate then simply stick with what you have and don't buy one, I suppose!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread