+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TT Cart Decision

I'm John.

Default TT Cart Decision

OK here goes> Was going to get a Ortofon 2M Red then someone put into my head the Blue. I was going to get the red if it sounds decent I can upgrade moneywise and use the RED on one of my other turntables. Q. What makes the blue worth the 140 bucks more? Money is tight right now but need a cart right away.

I'm Gone.

Hi John,

What's the rest of the system? We need to know to make an informed recommendation

I'm Grant.

Pilot SA-260 amp
    Dynaco Pas 3X pre
    Bozak B-4000 speakers
    Fisher 90 X tuner
    Music Hall MMF-5 first gen glass platter
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

That's a really nice vintage system.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

I am going to go with the 2M Red see how it sounds if there were a big differance I would have heard about it by now. Cart, new belt and start having my Dynaco MK IVs worked on just quad caps and check the wiring and the sockets love the sound of those amps. Fit perfect with the Bozak 4000s and the Dynaco Pas 3X

I'm Grant.

I had a 2m red and quite liked it. Not the greatest cart in ortofons ranges but better than its reputation imo. Sure you will like it. Its easy to set up too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Default TT cart decision

Thanks Sluth (sp) experience with the cart and a straight reply appreciate that. How do you feel about the fact I can move up to a blue or whatever after I start with the 2MRed? I have the two vintage dual TTs and an onkyo. So plenty to work with.

I'm Grant.

Think the bodies are the same re red and blue..then you get bronze and black with same bodies too. The actual body is not so expensive though its the stylii that cost. I liked the red anyways and its better than an AT95 standard.imo. sure you will like it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Default TT cart decision

So struth or anyone who cares to reply I also have a Dual 1019 TT going to need some work anyone who is familar with this table and would care to tell me what they think of it and how much would you put into it to get it in Tip Top shape. It is in good condition but it is going to need some work so if this is the right spot to ask would appreciate any replies. The table I got for next to nothing so the work $$$$ I put into it would be my main investment. But I am going to let someone else do the work so that ups the cash layout.

+ Reply to Thread