+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet more amplifier advice

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Shaun.

You know guys, I remember back to 2003, owning an Alphason Sonata with an Alphsaon HR100 S MCS tonearm fitted with an Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge. This all went into a Hart - Linsley Hood two box phono stage which then went into an Audion 300B SE amplifier. The loudspeakers were Audio Note AZ-2's and the sound was truly sublime for me. I agree with Davros on this forum in that I honestly think I have to get back into valves. I am currently looking at Icon Audio MB30 SE monoblocks that I could use with the Croft Micro 25 Basic until I could maybe get the Micro 25 R model and this would give me a completely valve based amplification section. By the way, has anyone heard Al Di Meola's album 'Orange and Blue' through single ended valves...? OMG...!!!

I thank you all so much for your contributions towards solving my indecisiveness. At some point in the near future my finances will take a large turn for the better and then I shall have to make a firm decision. If only this were an upgrade to my Thorens, I'd know exactly what to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12