+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whiskey, Yello, and a great way to enjoy music.

I'm Steve.

Smile Whiskey, Yello, and a great way to enjoy music.

I am saddened by the often negative comments made about the music of yello. whilst recently listening to my vinyl copy of Touch a close friend called by and said to me "is That Yello you're listening to? can,t stand em, muzak for audio nuts!" My somewhat short response to this was "tough, i love em!"
    I was introduced to Yello by an old acquaintance whom i shared most Saturday afternoons/evenings with consuming copious amounts of whiskey and listening to his vastly superior hi-fi system. Whilst reflecting on such events with fondness recently i decided to relive such an afternoon minus the Yello heretic who was replaced with a more appreciative co-listener. Starting with an old favourite yello album (CD) MOTION PICTURE I managed to consume my first glass of Auchentoshan and started to care less and less what others actually thought of Yello or indeed any other of my more avent garde penchants.
    Indeed having finished my drunken music session i felt elated and fully realized my investment. What a great way to spend an afternoon. Yello, whiskey and good company of like minded folk=priceless! Listening to BLENDERS from the bands BABY album was an absolute treat though i have to confess that the CD version was a tad more dynamic than my vinyl copy.

The missus is away next weekend so i have designated the full weekend as an indoor music festival Starting with Yello and ERA. I am hard at work on the rest of my play list and organising a liver transplant. Expect some stupid hard to understand posts. Even more so than my usual ones.

I'm Dan.

Music for audio nuts they maybe but the scale and production is something to be desired they are a fabulous duo but the same with any band , genre people will love them some might hate them but i'm for one that has a keen interest in them. On a good system they have the ability too make they hairs on your nick stand on end try "Flag for reference any system any time this one gets me going..

*****Rating Page
    [B]Class A , A,B Amplification[/B\]
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Nakamichi Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I am saddened by the often negative comments made about the music of yello. whilst recently listening to my vinyl copy of Touch a close friend called by and said to me "is That Yello you're listening to? can,t stand em, muzak for audio nuts!" My somewhat short response to this was "tough, i love em!"
    Good for you. Not my cup of tea, nor is whiskey, but you should hear some of the **** that I love. Or maybe not!
    ABD.

I'm Andy.

I was introduced to Yello by an old acquaintance whom i shared most Saturday afternoons/evenings with consuming copious amounts of whiskey and listening to his vastly superior hi-fi system. Whilst reflecting on such events with fondness recently i decided to relive such an afternoon minus the Yello heretic who was replaced with a more appreciative co-listener. Starting with an old favourite yello album (CD) MOTION PICTURE I managed to consume my first glass of Auchentoshan and started to care less and less what others actually thought of Yello or indeed any other of my more avent garde penchants.
    Indeed having finished my drunken music session i felt elated and fully realized my investment. What a great way to spend an afternoon. Yello, whiskey and good company of like minded folk=priceless! Listening to BLENDERS from the bands BABY album was an absolute treat though i have to confess that the CD version was a tad more dynamic than my vinyl copy.

The missus is away next weekend so i have designated the full weekend as an indoor music festival Starting with Yello and ERA. I am hard at work on the rest of my play list and organising a liver transplant. Expect some stupid hard to understand posts. Even more so than my usual ones.

Well done Steve- that is the spirit.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm mick.

It,s what listening to music at home is all about ,Steve.Often in by myself as my much better half looks calls in her mother's who is housebound , music is on and often finish off with Jethro tull,tempted to pick up the poker and become the man himself.I can and do appreciate where you're coming from
    A work in progress !

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    It,s what listening to music at home is all about ,Steve.Often in by myself as my much better half looks calls in her mother's who is housebound , music is on and often finish off with Jethro tull,tempted to pick up the poker and become the man himself.I can and do appreciate where you're coming from
    x2- that is why we are in this game .
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm mick.

Yep , old enough to know better -but that has never stopped me it,s just what music does.[apologies to whoever first said the first part of this post - just seemed appropriate ,so I used it]
    A work in progress !

I'm James.

I don't know yello's stuff, but I do like whisky/whiskey.which yello album would be a good place to start?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Josie.

MMMMM-OH-YEEEAAH!

That was my first track I heard from Yello - it was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, loved that film when I was in my teens.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Richard.

If I bop about when I'm on my own, the cat likes to join in! But don't tell anyone.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast