+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstoned 2015, Pictures, Videos & Thoughts

I'm Justin.

Default Silverstoned 2015, Pictures, Videos & Thoughts

Watch this space...

I'm Justin.

If you are just after pics, look here. I have just dumped everything I took in the time I was there, compressed, no edits or deletions.

I've taken a few videos, which are uploading now. However, the rooms where just too dark for those to be great.

Message to all showsters - if you want to promote your goods at a show, keep the room light. That means the pics and videos that wind up on the net will probably look much better than otherwise. Your choice.
    Last edited by User211; 19-09-2015 at 20:23.

I'm Justin.

Dalek Supreme - feel free to use any pics as per previous years.

I'm Justin.

The most interesting speaker for me was the omni ribbon from Zeta Zero pictured above. Can't remember what the salesperson said they were called. But I do remember 17Hz to very high HF (did he say 50 or 60KHz?), 2200 Watts class D, and most importantly, £60K. Not cheap.

However, bass extension sounded appreciably low, rendition of some organ music packed with resolution. Literally - massive amounts of detail. These sounded more consistent off axis than any MBL model I have come across - including the 101 Xtremes at nearly £200K or so.

The huge scale, and massive amount of information presented at high volume make these quite something to listen to. There are two aluminium looking cones firing upwards and downwards inside the circular columns. I saw some quite large excursions occurring.

This is unquestionably a very high performance loudspeaker. It isn't what I would call an easy listen by any means. Some might consider it just too much to live with. In fact I am sure a lot of people would think that. But if you think you could cope, and have £16K to spare, the smaller version, which has not yet be finalised, will give MBL some competition in omni-space. The smaller one is pictured below.

Room too dark for a decent video and this is a bit shaky too. At least it gives an idea of the vibe,

These things look like they could throw Tesla coil emissions at any moment. The spirit of Bela Lugosi was in the room.
    Last edited by User211; 19-09-2015 at 18:21.

I'm Josie.

Hi Justin. the pics link just comes up with an error, ol chap!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Justin.

Works well here Josie. The nature of the error?

I'm Phil.

thanks Justin
    couldn`t make it so appreciate the video
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Justin.

S'alright Phil. Have some Devialet Phantoms

I was kind of curious about these. Some bizarre Devialet marketing going on in the background.

Was I impressed? No. Was the bass massive? Not really. Was the room too big for them? Definitely.

My ears told me that there was a bit of a "plasticy" colouration going on, detail resolution was not that high, scale not that great. I'm not even remotely interested in buying a pair, which is disappointing as I thought they might go down well in the lounge.

After reading a lot about them, I am actually disappointed. Each to their own, I suppose.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    If you are just after pics, look here. I have just dumped everything I took in the time I was there, compressed, no edits or deletions.

I've taken a few videos, which are uploading now. However, the rooms where just too dark for those to be great.

Message to all showsters - if you want to promote your goods at a show, keep the room light. That means the pics and videos that wind up on the net will probably look much better than otherwise. Your choice.
    Google error 403 from the link, no images.

I'm Deleted.

None of your picture links work via safari
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast