+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally almost done

I'm Michael.

Default Finally almost done

After may months of reconditioning my old equipment and acquiring new components my system is almost complete and it sounds great. The cabinet that holds the components was custom made by a local cabinet maker and is solid Maple. Carpet will be added to the listening room soon. Pictured is McIntosh C220 preamplifier, dbx 400x router, Technics SL-1400MkII turntable with Shure V15 type IV cartridge, SAE 2800 Parametric Equalizer(I have 2 SAE E101's being recapped) dbx 5bx, California Audio Labs CL-10 HDCD changer, 2 VTL MB 300 amplifiers for high and midrange towers, SAE A502 for Bass towers, and Infinity IRS Beta Speakers. It only took 40 years to have my dream system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Geoff.

Looks really good Michael.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nathan.

The Technics SL-1400MkII is a great turntable. I had one, but made the mistake of flogging it on.
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm Josie.

Thought your system needed to be full size - Very nice! - Almost finished?.. or famous last words?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread