+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Done 15% here lol. Usb3 would have been better but i dont have it. Ive copied the d partition as well, which i may not have needed tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Cloning completed a while ago.

Blimey, second boot is 50% quicker than with fast(ish) 7200 RPM HD.

Typing this on the SSHS powered computer now.
    Last edited by spendorman; 16-08-2016 at 13:43. Reason: typo
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Third boot is about the same time, still quick though at half the original HD boot time.

Also noticed that Firefox, Outlook 2007, etc. etc are much snappier now.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Good stuff Alex.. Ive not reached 50% yet
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

So impressed, bought another, price gone up about two quid!
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good stuff Alex.. Ive not reached 50% yet
    like watching paint dry
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Lol... Aye. Approaching 50 now. Another 2 hrs i reckon anyways....if it works well i have another laptop i might do it on. Its a fujitu drive, not sure the size but is sata.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

He's only got one left.

If the 2.5" 5400 RPM SSHD is faster than my 3.5" 7200 RPM HD, the SSHD should be much faster than 2.5" HD's
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Desktop 3.5" 7200 RPM HD, good price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seagate-ST...-/182240826460

I paid nearly double that for the same drive a couple of months ago, and that was the best price around.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    He's only got one left.

If the 2.5" 5400 RPM SSHD is faster than my 3.5" 7200 RPM HD, the SSHD should be much faster than 2.5" HD's
    Na, hes sold out
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread