+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

Trouble is, my broadband has decided to run slow and some software downloads are not cooperating. I'll try tomorrow.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    OK, an hour and forty minutes later. Installed W7. Some A/V and working browser and Microsoft updates and it's sorted.

A few more bits of software to install and a few tweaks and it'll be as I want it!
    Now you have a fresh Win 7 it would be an ideal time to upgrade to Win 10 while it is still free
    best to update something clean and fresh rather than old and bunged up with years of browsing.

I'm Geoff.

Not a chance. Windows 10 is horrible. As are W8.0 and W8.1. I have 8.1 on another PC and I'm not impressed. I've used 10 many times too. W7 is perfectly usable until 2020 (and probably after). I stuck with XP as long as I could. Vista was hopeless. W7 is very user friendly (for me anyway).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Not a chance. Windows 10 is horrible. As are W8.0 and W8.1. I have 8.1 on another PC and I'm not impressed.
    I am surprised that anyone should have problems with W8.1. Once I had set it up according to my own preference in start up screen, and I installed Classic Start Menu, I found W8.1 far more usable compared to W7. The only thing I really miss in W8.1 are the networking options from XP and W7 such as the ad hoc mode. The lack of that has made setting up my SB Touch a lot more difficult and long winded.

I'm Alex.

Trouble is, my broadband has decided to run slow and some software downloads are not cooperating. I'll try tomorrow.
    Blimey, one thing after another. I keep a folder titled 'Downloaded Software'. It around 20GB.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Broadband is OK now. Downloading is fine.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I am surprised that anyone should have problems with W8.1
    It works, but I prefer the feel and look of W7. It's familiarity.

I'm Grant.

So, your cooking with gas then lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    So, your cooking with gas then lol
    So it seems.

I'm going to hook up my W8.1 PC soon and let it upgrade itself to W10. Today is the last day of the free upgrade.

I don't like either much, but it may as well have the latest O/S.

Now then. Where's my printer installation disc? Not done that yet.

I'm Grant.

My bro got his done behind his back lol. He likes it up to a point. Things are kinda in non intuitive places, but such is the horrors of a new operating system i suppose. It was usable
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread