+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Yeah. Bet neither will cough up much to the developement costs.... Not much lower than big business
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Inevitable I suppose. The broadband is dropping out constantly and the landline is extremely noisy again. It only took a bit of rain to set it all off once more. BT's Openreach vetted everything here last week and claimed to have cured a fault on their outside equipment. Not properly evidently. Bugger!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. If the audio is noisy on the phone, perhaps provide BT with a recording.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Oh dear, sorry to hear that. If the audio is noisy on the phone, perhaps provide BT with a recording.
    Yes. I've considered doing that. I've got my mini digital recorder handy right now. I have a call to make later and will try it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Not good Geoff... I had that problem for over 10 years b4 they replaced the box on street and fitted new one in a waterproofed concrete casing. Was same problem when it rained a lot(and it does that here all the time lol)
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

There have been problems here for many years. They've sorted it in the past, but it comes back. Seems relatively OK right now. Couldn't use the internet at all earlier. I phoned the SP helpline and the girl at the other end was amazed how much noise was on the line.

I'm Alex.

Sod's Law, probably will be OK then.

It's said that the only time sod's does not apply, is when one tries to prove it. Normally, if one drops buttered bread on the floor, it will land butter side down. However, if buttered bread is prepared with the purpose of testing the law, it will land butter side up.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Internet & phone now properly sorted apparently. A further investigation by Openreach found a cable break at a junction box a couple of hundred yards from the house. This had been causing the intermittent signal and noise. The problem must have existed for years as this line has played up for a long time. Seems fine now even after a fair bit of rain.

I'm Grant.

Goodvto hear..hope its fixed fixed this time
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Goodvto hear..hope its fixed fixed this time
    Yeah. Keeping fingers crossed.

+ Reply to Thread