+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

My HP ancient HP Laserjet 6L works OK in Mint, I think installation was easy, but it was a while ago. My also ancient Canon separate scanner also worked. I have to admit that my ability to use of the terminal is very limited, I hate using it.

If you are stuck with something, perhaps install Teamviewer (or something similar) and then you could easily receive help from others if necessary.

PS. Typing this lying on bed using netbook with Mint, reason, aching leg from tripping over Dalesford D on floor, injured shin quite nastily, nothing broken, just blood and bruised. Perhaps we could start another thread on injuries caused by Hi Fi
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Ive brought it downstairs to try on the mint one down here in case its something to do with it(pc upstairs) being a win 8 bios originally. Unlikely..... Was considering wiping this one and trying win 7 then put mint back as a dual boot. Could be fun.. Obviously i cant just overright with win 7 so i take it i will have to use a live iso disc of mint to use gparted to reformat disc to 1 ntfc drive ?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

I think you might find, but not sure, that w7 might format the Mint installation.

Have you got G-parted on a separate disc? It's quite useful like this.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I think you might find, but not sure, that w7 might format the Mint installation.

Have you got G-parted on a separate disc? It's quite useful like this.
    Tried w7 but it found the partition and format wrong.. I made a gparted disc on cd last night..dunno if i did it right yet but could use a live 17.3 i think too...
    Gonna try the printer first just to see.. I tried backing up yesterday but it took all day and had to cancel it seen molases move faster in winter time
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Was it you backup program slow, or the method of connection?

I only use SATA or USB 3.0 for backup, USB 2.0 is too slow and frustrating.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Was on usb2. Think it may have been program... Ive done huge win 8 clones in an hr. This was only 35 gig
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Some programs are slow, I use Seagate Discwizard, but USB 2.0 is going to be slow.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Tried printer on this one and it comes up with same error.... Hp site says mint has all nessessary drivers etc for it to plug n play basically but it doesnt.. Tbh this is typical hp... They are bloody useless lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

What model printer is it? As Chris said, sometimes a driver from a different printer works.

I even had a problem in windows with a HP Laserjet 6L Pro, which requires a different driver to the 6L, found another printer driver that worked OK.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Missed your post chris sorry. Its a hp laserjet p1102w although ive never managed to get the wireless to work. It seems to produce a wifi signal that pcs pick up like a broadband.. I cant find the software that came with it... This house is a bit messy lately doh

It comes up that the printer is connected etc but wont print anythi!g and an error comes up.
    Its connected by usb

Ps i will check those things
    Last edited by struth; 28-02-2016 at 14:00.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread