+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Tried mint 17 on my xp pc via a dvd and it sort of ran but in rendering mode... I guess the drivers are not there for the graphics card. A nvidia but a old one...
    Going to try an older version. 15 maybe....nice that it booted though
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

15 was same so downloaded and tried LXLE. IT WORKED. Its slow as on a disc and disc drive on this is not great tbh. Think i will strip the pc down as lean as i can get it as its a small hdd and do a dual boot.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

I've done something stupid (again).

I'm Grant.

me too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

After a struggle I finally got this into my 1999 toshiba... it is extremely good at first glance . its quite quick and has plenty on offer I think... worth a look if youve not tried it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Did they make computers in 1999?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Did they make computers in 1999?
    twas prepared in Cornwall actually. It is incredibly well made; just a pity it i so short of everything memory wise. It seems quite fast for the short time Ive used this version.. mint I got on but was very slow
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

On the 3rd of my old laptops I have installed win 7 ultimate 32 bit. although it kinda hung for some time it seems to be working very well and is a lot quicker than vista....so far. only downloaded firefox and wise uninstaller so far. it grouped all my old files and system into a folder called win old which is massive. I will delete later once happy. I expected some drivers to be missing like wifi adaptor, but it was there. Thanks to Spendorman(alex) for the help on this
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Works on wired. Cant get a peep out of the wifi adaptor. It wont switch on. Looking at drivers packages it said there were plenty installed. Its annoying as it was quick with wired connection. And usually on vista its like treacle. My brain now hurts
    sorry I have come to this late and I think it has been sorted. I am no computer expert but I have put various linux flavours on old xp laptops just for a play, there's nothing of value on the laptops so I just load them and wipe whatever was on the hard drive. I can't recall whether it was Mint or Zorin as it was a while ago but I had a similar problem when I first loaded the os which took me a while to sort and it turned out to be a soft block of wireless. I can't be sure that the solution at the following link was the one I followed but it was something similar.

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1287

The latest linux distro I have just loaded on a laptop is pingyos which seems pretty good.

I'm Grant.

was looking at Piongyos earlier. If is any good I might give it a go Sean

ps Ive bookmarked that page too Ta.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread