+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I had one do exactly the same, checked everything I could without disassembling, but it was kaput!
    "He's dead Jim"
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

he was a crap doctor
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Dr Who was better? Sorry, off topic, but I remember when Star Trek first came on TV it was on Saturday's, and I was always working, never saw it and my friends would say "how can you miss Star Trek". One Saturday I was ill, so did not go to work, watched it for the first time. Thought what a load of cr*p.

Still, the Star Trek communicators became true decades later.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

I was a fan. original is a bit dated for most part. n generation was super, and voyager was awesome.... I rarely watch now, but still have the whole of voyager in the original hard cases... keeping them till they are collectors items, although might have to be the boy that gets the benefit lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jez.

I had one do exactly the same, checked everything I could without disassembling, but it was kaput!
    Annoying isn't it? Worst bit is although I have bits and pieces for my full size PC's I have nowt for laptops so no HD/RAM/whatever to swap out in order to find the culprit.... I may even (and I'm choking on this!) have to erm... take it somewhere to be fixed

I'm Geoff.

I binned mine!

It was fairly old and maybe worth £80, so I wasn't going to pay somebody £150 or more to look at it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Annoying isn't it? Worst bit is although I have bits and pieces for my full size PC's I have nowt for laptops so no HD/RAM/whatever to swap out in order to find the culprit.... I may even (and I'm choking on this!) have to erm... take it somewhere to be fixed
    If BIOS shows, you could try booting from Linux on a live CD/DVD/USB stick, that would eliminate HD fault.
    Spendorman

I'm Jez.

I binned mine!

It was fairly old and maybe worth £80, so I wasn't going to pay somebody £150 or more to look at it.
    yeah that's the other option... it is from 2004... but was silly money when I bought it new, IIRC £1600!! I was a salaried R+D Engineer then.....

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    If BIOS shows, you could try booting from Linux on a live CD/DVD/USB stick, that would eliminate HD fault.
    Nope!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    yeah that's the other option... it is from 2004... but was silly money when I bought it new, IIRC £1600!! I was a salaried R+D Engineer then.....
    pick up an hd fairly cheaply, but if processor and ram are not up to it then it may not be worth spending money on alas. The Toshiba I have was worth about a grand in 1999, but today its pretty useless .... shame as its in superb condition... was a teacher school computer in its day
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread