+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

sounds like there has been an update issue and the program has been damaged. I had a similar issue with win 8.1.. ended up scrubbing the whole thing and putting mint on it... then later put win 7.. then updated it to win 10... works well now.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Technically, it's broke!
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Bump 7 on it for him if he likes windows
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Alex

If you can boot up but not getting full functionality try a clean boot and then from there try to work out what the issue is. Probably a driver or software conflict.

see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...oot-in-windows
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Alex

If you can boot up but not getting full functionality try a clean boot and then from there try to work out what the issue is. Probably a driver or software conflict.

see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...oot-in-windows
    Thanks, but It seems to require being able to get into Windows to do this.

"Windows 10

From Start, search for msconfig.
    Select System Configuration from the search results
    ."
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Bump 7 on it for him if he likes windows
    That is an option, possibly some drivers needed, Office and a load of other stuff.

Put Mint on and it's all there (usually!)
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Thanks, but It seems to require being able to get into Windows to do this.

"Windows 10

From Start, search for msconfig.
    Select System Configuration from the search results
    ."
    Sorry, I thought you mentioned it boots but the desktop does not load fully. If it partly boots but you can't see the search area hit Windows button and R and then type in msconfig.

But lets pick up on this tomorrow.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Sorry, I thought you mentioned it boots but the desktop does not load fully. If it partly boots but you can't see the search area hit Windows button and R and then type in msconfig.

But lets pick up on this tomorrow.
    Good thinking, I'll give it a go.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

I got into MSconfig, was able to select safe boot, rebooted machine, and this time when it booted I did not get the error message on the desktop, however, machine still not working properly.

I went into MSconfig again and under the tools tab, selected System Restore, however this did not work.

Meantime, a friend reminded me that some months ago that he told a problem with Lenovo machines where the C drive was not really big enough for W10 + updates. This causing a crash.

The machine I'm playing with has an 8 GB SSD and a 1TB, I presume, mechanical drive.

I looked up the requirements for W10.

"Hardware requirements
    The presentation “Minimum System HW Requirements & Compatibility for Windows Platforms” (PPTX) details what is needed to run Windows 10 on both desktop and mobile. It doesn’t disclose everything you need to know, but screen size, memory, storage, graphics, and firmware are all mentioned.
    Here are the desktop requirements:

This is clearly aimed at computer makers. It’s thus worth adding that the Windows 10 technical preview has these requirements:
    • Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
    • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
    • Free hard disk space: 16 GB
    • Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
    • A Microsoft account and Internet access
    "

This might be the problem, lack of space.

I'm not doing any more today, going to suggest tomorrow to the owner, that I install W7 or Linux Mint.
    Last edited by spendorman; 27-05-2018 at 16:56.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

my current version of windows is taking up 12.5gb on drive. plus 4.5gb of old stuff from last update. You could be right.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread