+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Hmm

Did you reboot machines?

Whilst I love the ease and flexibility of W10 I despise all of Microsoft when things don't go well.

Via Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Many many times!

Next question is, on a Lenovo Z51-70, how do I boot to a USB stick?
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Thank you, Windows has failed to boot to the desktop more times than 3, perhaps 10 times, yet I'm don't get the troubleshooting area.

Just looking for a USB stick about 8GB size, then I'll make the bootable stick. Fortunately, there are no files of real value on the HD. I have used Macrium before, but generally use Seagate Diskwizard, a cut down version of Acronis.
    Sounds like you are good to go on this.

Whilst you can use Rufus you can just as easily use the windows version. When you download the iso you will be asked if for the computer you are on or a different computer. Use the second and then from there you can directly download to the USB card and make it bootable in one step.

Via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Sounds like you are good to go on this.

Whilst you can use Rufus you can just as easily use the windows version. When you download the iso you will be asked if for the computer you are on or a different computer. Use the second and then from there you can directly download to the USB card and make it bootable in one step.

Via Tapatalk
    Thanks, I did see that option, but thought I'd use Rufus, as I've had success with it before, at worst, I've still got the ISO.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just switched the other one, but although they see each other its saying i dont have share rights etc although i went back in and switched them on. odd, even the public folder
    got it working in one direction... not sure why its not going the other way.. will have to look again at the other pc shares etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Thank you.

Many many times!

Next question is, on a Lenovo Z51-70, how do I boot to a USB stick?
    Hah, you responded to my message I aimed to Grant. No Matter.

Not had a Lenova laptop but (having now looked that model up) you need to press F2 rapidly as it boots up. But possibly the Function (fn) key and F2 at same time. But you need to be quick as Lenova don't seem to have provided much leeway. Alternatively there seems to be a button on the left hand side (Novo button?) of the laptop. Ether way you need to get to the BIOS. From there set the boot sequence to have USB Bus to take priority.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Hah, you responded to my message I aimed to Grant. No Matter.

Not had a Lenova laptop but (having now looked that model up) you need to press F2 rapidly as it boots up. But possibly the Function (fn) key and F2 at same time. But you need to be quick as Lenova don't seem to have provided much leeway. Alternatively there seems to be a button on the left hand side (Novo button?) of the laptop. Ether way you need to get to the BIOS. From there set the boot sequence to have USB Bus to take priority.

lol! typical me. Thank you, I'll try that. Never played with a modern computer that has the replacement thingy for BIOS.
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

got it working in one direction... not sure why its not going the other way.. will have to look again at the other pc shares etc
    How frustrating. When I encounter this and can't sort it I go for the nuclear option of deleting all the adaptors under Network in Device Manager. (but not the underlying software), reboot and then Windows will freshly install the adaptors. But take care, don't delete any soft adaptors (such as VPN or Virtual Machine adaptors), only ethernet and wifi. Mostly this sorts things - but sadly not always. YMMV.

You tried the troubleshooters?

Also suggest you reboot your router - things may have got confused there with NAT. Especially if you set fixed IPs for your machines in the router. Do the IPs in router match the ones on your machine?

Another also: try pinging the IP address of the machine that has issues. Sometimes that will give a clue.
    Last edited by Edward; 26-05-2018 at 17:09. Reason: addded some other (probably) useless stuff!

I'm Grant.

thought i'd found issue but no.it lets me in to programs oddly but not into users or public even tho the permissions are there. just comes up no permissions...doh.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

thought i'd found issue but no.it lets me in to programs oddly but not into users or public even tho the permissions are there. just comes up no permissions...doh.
    I added some stuff to my last message to you. Have a read.

I'm Grant.

will investigate those. thanks ed. 3rd pc is up...lets me into public but not into c..crazy network.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread