+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Seems fairly common, but I've not been able to fix it - yet!
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Seems fairly common, but I've not been able to fix it - yet!

Change your Outlook settings to never allow messages to be sent in RTF instead only to be sent in either HTML or Plain Text formats. Also make sure that any RTF messages are converted to either HTML or Plain Text formats.

Job done.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Change your Outlook settings to never allow messages to be sent in RTF instead only to be sent in either HTML or Plain Text formats. Also make sure that any RTF messages are converted to either HTML or Plain Text formats.

Job done.
    Thank you, tried that earlier, but no luck.
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Thank you, tried that earlier, but no luck.
    Oh dear! It is the standard fix. Something unique with your setup?

When you go back into the relevant settings is it reverting to the status quo ante?

Did you restart Outlook? Try change settings in Admin mode?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Setup should be pretty standard

Yes, I checked the settings, they stayed put.

And I did restart Outlook.

Not tried admin mode, but I ran diagnostics, nothing found.

However, when an email was sent to one friend just now, he didn't get a winmail.dat attachment, but when I sent the same email to my Talktalk webmail, I got an winmail.dat attachment.

All very strange.
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Oh ok. Sorry my help did not work out. Hope you found a solution.

Edward

I'm Alex.

Thanks Edward, I gave up, I had a backup of the whole system just a few of days old, used that. Things seem back to normal.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Default Computer Disaster Corner

came across my flatbed scanner today so have set it up. went on the epson site and got software and driver and away we jolly well went. damn good scanner this although i might not be needing it it did do good slide work too.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

My 'El Cheapo' HP all in one jobbie printer/scanner does a surprisingly good job on photos and docs. Ink isn't dear either.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

this one does film and slides as well as photos and docs and has ice to clean them up. Sure i still have the slide and film carriages somewhere too. nice to know it still works.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread