+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

Still using 'timefreeze' for all internet work, apart from when I want to save something (rarely). I feel more reassured with this security facility in place. Not had any hacks that I'm aware of, but knowing that any 'nasties' that get onto my PC should immediately be deleted from the 'timefreeze' virtual environment when I turn off is rather good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Ive got it on a couple of pcs but had to make sure it didnt come on by itself on switch on. Only want it for occasions. Win 10 updates itself etc and i rip music too so you can lose stuff too easy if you dont realise its on. Doh! Already done that. Still its a useful bit of kit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

The 'tinypic' image hosting site has been playing up today and yesterday. Images failing to upload. Hope they sort it out soon, as it's the one I like to use.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Good price for a hybrid drive, had to pay about £40 for a similar drive a few days ago for a neighbour.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112417797960
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Been messing around with an old HP DC5800 machine, core 2 duo 2.93 GHz, 4Gb RAM, Toshiba 500GB hybrid hard drive.

Put Linux Mint 18.1 Mate on it, runs well, but can’t seem to get the screen resolutions I need, suspect it’s a graphics driver problem, haven’t sorted it.
    This may be of use to someone, I've sorted the problem of Linux not recognising my monitor. Saw the solution on a Linux forum.

They suggested trying a different VGA cable, I did, solved the problem. Monitor recognised. I would never have thought of this. The VGA cable I was using was very old, probably from 386 days.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Scammer called today, missed recording the beginning of the call. He claimed to be from Talktalk. I didn't turn the router off as he requested.

https://youtu.be/OxSnX3qvTA0
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

My son gets them a lot.. telling him various stories... he isnt even on the internet
    Ive had it a couple of times I guess... told them F off.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Did you hear near the end where I told him I was running Linux, he had to improvise!
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Did you hear near the end where I told him I was running Linux, he had to improvise!
    aye, he went kinda silent
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I get a few claiming to be Microsoft and telling me they've detected a problem on my computer.

+ Reply to Thread