+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Nathan.

Weird. It was probably a DNS issue if rebooting fixed it.

The number of megapixels on the camera don't necessarily correlate to picture quality. They all usually do OK under natural lighting, but indoors, or in dim places the difference always shows up. I use a few of those cheap studio lights with umbrellas on them when I'm taking pictures of stuff I'm listing online. They make a big difference. The price has came down on them a lot too. I think I paid around $50 for 3 of them with the stands and bulbs on Amazon.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Ive only got one win 7 laptop left and pulled out today. Not been on for a while. Taken a couple of hrs to set it up with updates and get the headphone dac, jriver and spotify to work with it.. Going now though. Its a bit slower than win 10 but works. Might be better to update it too but think i might leave it a while. Nice to see its still working
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

One of my W7 PC's is quicker than the W10 one. All down to spec no doubt.

I might have a look around for something even quicker though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

This is my slowest one i guess. Its a lovely pc but short of eerything bar hdd. Can do a basic job of streaming and browsing so does enough. Not got any modern ones i guess now. The best being my i5 processor one
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Been using Glary Utilities free for some years, pretty good. About 3 months ago I got the Pro version, has a few more features, but a big bonus is that one can set it to autorun at a pre-set day / time. I have it run at 9:00 am every morning. My PC seems much better for this, as with the free version, I often forgot to run the program.

http://www.glarysoft.com/
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Been using this for years. It works well, has loads of facilities and is free. It doesn't keep pestering you to upgrade to a paid version either.

If you want an effective spyware finder. There's this.

It's an old piece of software, but still works extremely well on every Windows O/S I've used.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nathan.

I never use any type of anti-virus software. I just reformat it if it's acting weird. I really only use Windows for image/video editing and games. I use Linux most of the time.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Malwarebytes here. good program
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Been using this for years. It works well, has loads of facilities and is free. It doesn't keep pestering you to upgrade to a paid version either.

If you want an effective spyware finder. There's this.

It's an old piece of software, but still works extremely well on every Windows O/S I've used.
    Not tried Toolwiz Care before, might give it a go.

Think I tried Onecllick Spyware Expert some time ago and it seemed good, but had a problem updating it.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Yeah, the Cary program is good. Not tried that one Geoff. Cary is on one of mine. Been shuffling pcs yesterday as i was having an interuption in my streaming from the one i was using every now and then using jriver. Thought id bring the faster one down and try it here and put a slower one upstairs for evening browsing. Was a faff butwill give it a whirl for a while.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread