Page 104 of 200 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Try restarting pc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Try restarting pc
    Been random last few days, on and off but i'll restart now.

I'm Grant.

Also try it in another usb slot too, preferably on another bus. Had that too..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

all still very random behaviour whilst typing.
    Shift key acts odd, typing into certain places wont respond, sometimes yes sometimes no
    i'm having to start sentences in lower case as the shift key brings up task manager box
    mouse and key board are remote. tried wired mouse no change.

I'm Grant.

Is this win 10? Might be an update gone wrong and interferring. Seen it on a mac too. Maybe try and find another driver
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Windows 8.1 Grant

I'm Grant.

nightmare... couldnt wait to get rid of it... win 10 is a lot better.

There can be lots of possibles alas. some securty programs can cause it. so thats one. logitech moice etc are prone to trouble on win 8. you can delete all of their drivers and start again as well... or update to win 10.. its still possible free if you need adaptive tech... most of us do

prob with win 8.1 is its broken by ms due to all their security attempts
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nightmare... couldnt wait to get rid of it... win 10 is a lot better.

There can be lots of possibles alas. some securty programs can cause it. so thats one. logitech moice etc are prone to trouble on win 8. you can delete all of their drivers and start again as well... or update to win 10.. its still possible free if you need adaptive tech... most of us do

prob with win 8.1 is its broken by ms due to all their security attempts
    The highlighted bit is interesting and may be part of why mine is suddenly 'broken'
    Never had any probs with Win 8 or the pc apart from when I downloaded Win 10 when it first launched.
    My pc went into meltdown, became totally unstable - unusable.
    Had to do restore, lost stuf but was delighted to go back to Win 8 and a pc that worked.

Are you now saying that the initial horrible problems some people experienced downloaded Win 10 have been sorted ?
    Reason I ask Grant (apart from the obvious is that this main pc si a family one, we all use it on a daily basis, girls for homework etc, Mrs and I for all manner of other stuf

I'm Grant.

I have recently put 3 laptops onto win 10. a win 8 one, and 2 vista ones that were running win7. in all 3 cases its been stable and uses less resources. I know there were initial problems had by many but all mine were giving trouble tbh and decided initially to do the win 81 one. it went smoothly so after testing for a while did the others. The win 8.1 one is like a new pc, its so quick and its not blinked.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

CC Cleaner doesn't want to work now... fun and games !

+ Reply to Thread