+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Robert.

Morning gents, on this very cold day in London - Brrrrr !!

My question is, is t ok to have Avast Cleanup Premium and CCleaner on my pc at the same time ?

I installed the Avast Premium yesterday and have kept the CCleaner (free edition) on the pc as well......
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    My question is, is t ok to have Avast Cleanup Premium and CCleaner on my pc at the same time ?
    Yes. You can keep as many maintenance utilities/apps as you like on your computer (but too many is pointless). The only thing you have to watch is using more than one anti-virus suite. Most may clash with others (but not all).

I'm Robert.

Thanks Geoff, that's helpful, reassuring and much appreciated.

Everything seems fine thankfully

All the best
    Rob
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Hmm. My broadband died at 9.45 this morning. Phoned the provider (yes, phone still works fine) and after a few tests, they said it was probably the router, so they're sending me a new one. But now the old one has started working again. All lights are on again, they weren't earlier. Beats me . But I'm not complaining.

I'm Alex.

Sounds like the service provider just turned you off for a bit, accidentally or on purpose.

Still, a new router is worth having.

I had one a couple of years ago and replacement had better Wi-Fi
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Sounds like the service provider just turned you off for a bit, accidentally or on purpose
    They turned the service on and off a few times while they were testing. Anyway, I'll be leaving the current iffy router on 24/7 until the new one arrives. It's due tomorrow PM.

I'm Geoff.

The new router arrived yesterday. It's now connected and has configured itself without any input from me. As the old one has decided it now wants to work, I'll leave it on the other PC. Sorted!

I'm Alex.

I don't quite follow, you have two routers on one line?
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Not yet. But I will. They won't be in use together. I'll look for a switch box for the phone line.

I'm Alex.

What advantage will this give you? I would have thought it might cause problems.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread