+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1377

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    The worry I had years ago was that a burglar was testing to see if one was in.
    that was a dodge as well. you just never know
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Grant.

Just got the latest "creators" update to win 10. seems to be working so far. must have been big as it took an age
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Geoff.

Had a couple of big W7 updates recently. At least they don't seem to have buggered anything up on my PC so far. They have in the past.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Alex.

Watching this at the moment, about Windows and Linux: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4SwkJ0Fys
    Spendorman

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Just got the latest "creators" update to win 10. seems to be working so far. must have been big as it took an age
    It's huge and worthless, best removed, it takes up about 70-80gb and gives you nothing in return.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    It's huge and worthless, best removed, it takes up about 70-80gb and gives you nothing in return.
    once your happy its working fine then just do a clean up and the old version will be removed. its stored on hd. the creators has a lot of security updates etc.... some older pcs might not handle it though so it wont be given to everyone.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Geoff.

Microsoft had to do a big security patch for W10. Apparently much of the source code has been leaked.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Microsoft had to do a big security patch for W10. Apparently much of the source code has been leaked.
    I read something about that. Heads will ly I'm sure. MS take these things rightly seriously.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Geoff.

Mr. Tact!

I'm Grant.

think that was roughly what I heard. This pc isnt on the latest version; must be too old I guess or they have not got to it. My newer one has it though... it has a revamped ntivirus built in
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread