+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

Not had any disasters, but I thought I'd post to bump the thread!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not had any disasters, but I thought I'd post to bump the thread!
    not had any either. all pc's running A ok ...so far....
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

PC's been playing up today. Reluctant to boot without 'startup repair' being used (which does not work) and webpages not displaying properly. Not down to anything I've done. Bet it's yesterday's Windows Update. I've done a system restore to a date prior and all seems OK at the moment.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Aye some of those updates for win 7 and 8 are horrendous
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Opera browser now has a built in free VPN, I have tried it on Windows 7, and it seems to work pretty well.

Download http://www.opera.com/
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

it does indeed
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Doesn't seem to work with XP, though the browser does.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

its a bit slower in loading complex pages etc but does work. first time i tried it i signed in to my amazon account and it wouldnt recognise me until i passed some other tests. lol. nice to see amazons security is working. Handy perhaps if you wish to watch a us based show in di interweb
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its a bit slower in loading complex pages etc but does work. first time i tried it i signed in to my amazon account and it wouldnt recognise me until i passed some other tests. lol. nice to see amazons security is working. Handy perhaps if you wish to watch a us based show in di interweb
    It's certainly faster than some other VPN's that I tried.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

keep it quiet and it may stay that way Opera and me go back a long way.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread