+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Another offer of a free spare one here if you wish.
    I should be OK. Thanks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

New Hybrid hard drive, good price: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222774136786
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Very good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

If anyone has any Tech problems give me a shout, my business supports Businesses with IT so we do a bit of everything!!

Would be glad to help!
    Adios for Now,

Chris.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjvej2012 View Post
    If anyone has any Tech problems give me a shout, my business supports Businesses with IT so we do a bit of everything!!

Would be glad to help!
    Handy to know.

Is that you in the avatar? You could pass as Elvis.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Handy to know.

Is that you in the avatar? You could pass as Elvis.
    Negatvie lol, would you believe?

But I am a big fan!

Any probs, tech wise, Give me a shout!!
    Adios for Now,

Chris.

I'm Alex.

Check for your processor vulnerability to Spectre and Meltdown

https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

My old Core 2 Duo e8600 fails.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Interesting new(ish) browser, just trying it:

https://www.brave.com/
    Spendorman

I'm Pavel.

I’m getting increasingly frustrated with Windows 10. At this point I’m used to Microsoft constantly moving things around, but the latest batch of updates broke my preferred method of keyboard layout switching. Also every time I restart my PC, the default audio output resets itself to DisplayPort (my monitor can accept audio via DisplayPort and output it to headphones but I use a USB DAC instead). Seriously thinking about getting back to Windows 7 which may be ancient, but at least once setup it stays setup the way I want it.

No such problems with my MacBook Pro, obviously, but I need a PC for some stuff which is not available on macOS, including decent games

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I’m getting increasingly frustrated with Windows 10. At this point I’m used to Microsoft constantly moving things around, but the latest batch of updates broke my preferred method of keyboard layout switching. Also every time I restart my PC, the default audio output resets itself to DisplayPort (my monitor can accept audio via DisplayPort and output it to headphones but I use a USB DAC instead). Seriously thinking about getting back to Windows 7 which may be ancient, but at least once setup it stays setup the way I want it.

No such problems with my MacBook Pro, obviously, but I need a PC for some stuff which is not available on macOS, including decent games
    Agreed. Remember we are no longer Microsoft's customers instead we are their products that they are selling to their real customers (advertisers) and Microsoft are not in any way embarrassed about this.

Every time there is a big Redmond update I run privacy repairer on the various Windows machine here. Amazing how the Redmond updates change the privacy updates.

Having said all that I do find Windows 10 to be much better than Windows 7 (or 8) - faster, leaner, smoother and easier to get around.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread