+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not unexpected!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7651351.html

And this is a complete 'whopper'! The idea is that W10 garners more profiling info which can then be sold. It's about the money!!!

....and its always been about the money.

plenty of alternatives here: http://distrowatch.com

Cheers / Chris

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post

Cheers / Chris
    I know. I've used many distros. They vary a lot in 'user friendliness' and capability. I may end up going there again.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    ....and its always been about the money.

Cheers / Chris
    Been quite a fan of Linux Mint for some years, downloaded Mint Xfce 32 bit yesterday, seem to run OK.

There are just too many distros to choose from, very confusing for the user, especially the new user.
    Spendorman

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Been quite a fan of Linux Mint for some years, downloaded Mint Xfce 32 bit yesterday, seem to run OK.

There are just too many distros to choose from, very confusing for the user, especially the new user.
    Yes Mint is great and an easy place to start with Linux. I am writing this on Mint xfce
    on a salvaged computer that cost me $20.00, now running like a charm.

All the different desktop versions of Mint are here: http://www.linuxmint.com
    IMO it is great there is choice.

I'm malcolm.

Another Mint fan here, recently loaded it on an Asus laptop with touchscreen, installed on an SSD and everything ran straight out of the box. Mint KDE 64bit.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Grant.

Liked mint when i ran it myself. Found i needed windows too much so had to go back alas.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Liked mint when i ran it myself. Found i needed windows too much so had to go back alas.
    Yep i know how you feel, i also have to run a Windows 10 laptop as well as there are a few programs that are essential to me and only available on that platform.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Geoff.

Getting a few broadband 'dropouts' in the last few days. Seems a moderately regular thing. It can be OK for months then go through phases of it. It's normally me that reports it and gets told I may be subject to fees if it's not a BT line fault. I'll let somebody else report it this time. It must affect many around here. On every occasion that I've been informed of the outcome, the fault has (allegedly) been located at a phone line junction well up the road from me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Just received a huge Windows 7 update. Nearly 33,000 items. I just hope it doesn't cock anything up, as has been known to happen.

I'm Alex.

I've just been fixing a Lenovo laptop with 7 on it for a neighbour, was dead, an easy one, the charger was dead, new one arrived this morning. Machine came to life but I could not log on because it was password protected, however got a warning not to turn off, updates (24, I think) were being performed. This took ages.

The owner got the machine back about half an hour ago, tells me that they cannot get on to gmail and that the desktop background has changed. I told them it wasn't anything I've done as I could not log on.

They went on to Teamviewer, looks like their home page had been changed as well as background. Put it all right. Perhaps it was the updates that changed this stuff.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread