+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Glary Utilities is not bad, might be worth trying: http://www.glarysoft.com/
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Glary Utilities is not bad, might be worth trying: http://www.glarysoft.com/
    Had it on here. I found it less useful than toolwiz and the constant reminders to upgrade to the paid version were annoying. I also have slimcleaner on this PC, it offers the same 'one click' scan and cleanup, but I seldom use it. Got Ccleaner too.

Funny thing. I'm not experiencing lag right at the moment. Maybe it was a Windows update that caused it and has been corrected. Toolwiz timefreeze is on by the way.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Yes upgrade nags can be annoying, I have the paid for version.

Perhaps just install, see if it fixes, remove.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Latest win 10 update allows more linux use

http://pureinfotech.com/suse-linux-s...+Newsletter%29
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Installed Glary Utilities again and ran it. The only thing I noticed was that the PC refused to start properly and went to the start options screen. But it does that occasionally anyway. No idea why.

It was doing it before the last O/S reinstall as well. I've run startup repair recently and reset bios defaults, but it still happens.

Could be it needs a bios update, but there are several choices of update available from the manufacturer (Acer) and installing the wrong one could be a disaster.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

I think I remember posting something about W7 not starting, the repair screen and something else. I'll have to look back, can't quite remember exactly what it was.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Found it:

"I was playing around with a spare machine with Windows 7 on it, accidentally knocked the IEC mains connector and interrupted the mains. On restarting the machine got the Window repair screen. Let it run, it said it could not repair the system. I have had this situation several times with W7, XP seems more resistant to power interruptions.

I have found several times with W7, if power is interrupted and the repair screen does not work, just going into safe mode and then normal boot, seems to put things right.
    "
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

I've had the startup repair fail to work. So I just reboot and select start normally. As I say, It doesn't fail to start all the time.

I'm Alex.

Just a thought, how is the BIOS battery?
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Thought of that and changed it a few months ago.

+ Reply to Thread