+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Selling Vinyl...

I'm Tony.

Great resource here for Decca labels and records.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8266

I'm bob.

Thanks Tony - that's a really useful page. I have a couple of the Philips Hi-Fi Stereo labels, plus the sought after Columbias.

I have been doing a lot of looking up on Popsike over the past day or so and am constantly finding gems. I have stumbled on some that at first search appear to be worth £100 or £200, then realise they are either non-quad pressings [Deaf School], or UK 1st pressings [Hall & Oates] so only in the £10-£30 range.The Physical Grafitti that I have however, does seem to have 1st pressing Matrix numbers and would appear to be worth well over £300. Description of it matches THIS ONE pretty much exactly.

I'm Sean.

5 or 6 years ago when money was a bit tight and I didn't think I would play vinyl anymore I sold some records. Looking at completed listings I had some which seemed to be exactly the same with same matrix numbers that sold well with lots of bids and mine made only a fraction of the price with few bids, even when I thought mine were in better condition. I even used very similar description (where appropriate). I put it down to not having an established vinyl selling reputation on ebay so I would caution against getting too optimistic. However it also worth saying that prices then were very much lower than they seem to be now - prices really seem to have taken off.

I'm Grant.

Vinyl buying and selling is firnicketty business at best. Lowish demand rarities can make huge money one week and not sell a few weeks later. Zeppelin stuff though if rarish always sells as its high demand
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Vinyl buying and selling is firnicketty business at best. Lowish demand rarities can make huge money one week and not sell a few weeks later. Zeppelin stuff though if rarish always sells as its high demand
    I think the tactic with the low demand ones is to just hang on to them. I mean if I have a good condition copy of a record that I can see has consistently sold for £40 or so over the past few years, then if it doesn't sell quickly, it doesn't mean that it is no longer worth £40.

I guess this is also what I need to think about RE eBay auction/BIN and also how to set the start price.

I think being very honest about condition is going to be vital here as well.

R

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12