+ Reply to Thread

Thread: John blue ?

I'm John.

Default John blue ?

After reading through a recent post about single driver speakers I was intrigued to read about the john blue audio jb3. I was wondering about the being it's of one of these to solve my late night low volume listening. In the reviews I ve read they do get good praise but it's admitted they have short comings.
    Mainly on the bass front but that's not a massive concern for me , my taste is not really bass heavy. What I am worried about is them possibly being a tiring listen. I recently tested some dali stand mounts , which had a ribbon tweeter. These did grate a bit after listening for a while.

I'm David.

Hi John

I've had a pair for a couple of years now, I've driven them successfully with a Quad 303 and an Amptastic Mini-1. I certainly wouldn't call them a tiring listen, and there's useful bass to about 80Hz. Good imaging and the lack of a crossover seems to give them a 'directness' of communication.

I'm Shaun.

Yeah I fully understand where you are coming from with the ribbon tweeter. I used to use Dali Ikon Mk1's so couldn't recommend super tweeters to anyone who has overly sensitive ears.

I'm John.

It was the ikon's i tried . Occasionally they sounded brilliant but overall they were too much for my ears.

I'm John.

Mr sneff , would you recommend the jb3 ? I m not sure, from what I ve read, if they would suit or not. I tend to lean towards more acoustic music and live performances. I like a big sound stage and detail in the music.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung fu dog View Post
    Mr sneff , would you recommend the jb3 ? I m not sure, from what I ve read, if they would suit or not. I tend to lean towards more acoustic music and live performances. I like a big sound stage and detail in the music.
    I like them a lot but, I think that they're probably better suited to small scale acoustic works, they don't convey the scale of an orchestra, but they are detaild and have a good soundstage. Whether you'll like them or not only you can know, I don't know where you'd be able to audition them in the UK.

+ Reply to Thread