+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Super DDDAC build

I'm Thommy.

Got the single deck DDDAC working last night.

It was indeed a faulty 5v reg. Got a friend to check everything over before we powered it up with a replacement.

So this is my first implementation of the split power supply and it's a mod that hasn't cost me any money (which makes it more interesting).

The DDDAC in stock form takes 12v on the DAC board, and 5v on the WaveIO USB board. I am still using the 12v and 5v, but now the 5v feeds all of the 3v3 regulators on both the WaveIO and the DAC. Essentially the whole I2S chain has one dedicated super regulator, rather than half of that system sharing it's power supply and ground with the analogue side. The other 12v supply is now going straight to the 8v regulators on said analogue side.

Apart from the brittle sound of new caps, immediate impressions are that it is quieter; the soundstage is more robust which suggests a lower noise floor. That digital background noise has just gone so this is a recommended mod.
    Speakers: Wilmslow Audio Prestige, ATC SCM11, B&W 602S02
    Cables: Missing Link Cryo Ref, handmade pure silver Litz braid, Van Damme Blue
    Amps: Hypex nCore400, DIY SET EL34/ECC83, DIY PP KT88 Monoblocks, Hypex UcD400 HG
    DACs: Quad Deck DDDAC, Single Deck DDDAC, Modified Chinese 9018, DIY Russian TDA1543 DAC
    Turntable: Technics SL1200 Modified, linear PSU, Paradise Phono Preamp
    Interconnects: Handmade silver Litz, Missing Link Alaqeia
    Preamps: DIY - buffers, LDR attenuators, stepped pots
    Mains: Balancing transformers, RF filters, handmade cables

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Nice one Thommy

I also have a dddac , I have made a few mods especially an unregulated power supply to ver good success. Best of luck with the build, keep the posts coming.
    What power supply did you end up using with the DDDac?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12