+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K TV

I'm Grant.

Default 4K TV

I see Aldi are getting 4k tvs in on sunday if anyone is interested. 40" for £300. sounds like a good price
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I see Aldi are getting 4k tvs in on sunday if anyone is interested. 40" for £300. sounds like a good price

That seems way too cheap for 4K - shakes head in shock and disbelief - only a year ago a 4K Sony was about £3000

Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post

That seems way too cheap for 4K - shakes head in shock and disbelief - only a year ago a 4K Sony was about £3000

Regards Neil
    Yep - seems suspiciously cheap. At the risk of sounding like a sinophobe - the sets are probably made in China, so their reliability will be questionable. (I have had a string of 'region free' DVD players, all made in China, and all have developed fatal problems after 18 months. Now have a Toshiba and it seems to be holding up.)
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Thought it was cheap too. I guess there will be a huge queue so get up early if you want one. No use to me.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

I bought a 4k UHD telly last year, Samsung, about £700, what bloody use it is I have no idea,I was told I was future proofing my viewing, bollocks!!! the damn thing is just a telly, what am I supposed to expect from this toy, or will it be obselete before the broadcasts catch up?

Damn progress

cheers Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ... also advertising Bombardier at £1.25 a pint ... know which I'm going for

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yep - seems suspiciously cheap. At the risk of sounding like a sinophobe - the sets are probably made in China, so their reliability will be questionable. (I have had a string of 'region free' DVD players, all made in China, and all have developed fatal problems after 18 months. Now have a Toshiba and it seems to be holding up.)
    Says free 3-year warranty...
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    Says free 3-year warranty...
    So that means problems are likely to arise after 40 months.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Hard to say what the reliability will be. Tvs are usually pretty good but itll depend on the changes in tech. The boy had one of theirs for quite somm time and it was good
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast