+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCM update

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    Just a quick update to say that I'm overjoyed with my Record Doctor V machine.

I've also purchased the SRM/TECH bristle brush (looks and sounds brutal in practice, but really gets the job done) and some of Paul's 'The Right One' fluid and the results are outstanding. I've pulled a £4 copy of 'Hounds Of Love' from an almost unplayable state to more or less silent. Bloody astonishing.

For any really cruddy records (or from my own stash from way back at the start of my collecting days), I'm using the Spin Clean as a pre-clean, vacuuming with the RDV, cleaning again with the SRM brush and 'The Right One' fluid and then vacuuming off.

I've been able to empty my Amazon basket and eBay watch-list of all those records I thought I had to re-buy to get back to flawless playback. That alone would have been more expensive than the outlay for the machine, brush and fluid.

The only downside is that I'm more or less obliged to buy almost everything I now see without a scratch.

Further and further down the AOS rabbit-hole I slide...
    This looks like the brush. http://www.hillbrush.com/Products/NA8.aspx?currency=EUR
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    No, I think that has synthetic bristles...and not grouped very densely at that.

What I have is this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRM-TECH-S...item4d37c8aa9f

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12