+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCM update

I'm Phil.

Default RCM update

Just a quick update to say that I'm overjoyed with my Record Doctor V machine.

I've also purchased the SRM/TECH bristle brush (looks and sounds brutal in practice, but really gets the job done) and some of Paul's 'The Right One' fluid and the results are outstanding. I've pulled a £4 copy of 'Hounds Of Love' from an almost unplayable state to more or less silent. Bloody astonishing.

For any really cruddy records (or from my own stash from way back at the start of my collecting days), I'm using the Spin Clean as a pre-clean, vacuuming with the RDV, cleaning again with the SRM brush and 'The Right One' fluid and then vacuuming off.

I've been able to empty my Amazon basket and eBay watch-list of all those records I thought I had to re-buy to get back to flawless playback. That alone would have been more expensive than the outlay for the machine, brush and fluid.

The only downside is that I'm more or less obliged to buy almost everything I now see without a scratch.

Further and further down the AOS rabbit-hole I slide...

I'm Grant.

Great to hear your mega happy Phil. Not much to beat an rcm tbh
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Cheers, Grant.

I forget who it was on here who said that an RCM was one of the best upgrades they'd made to their system, but I have to concur.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Great to hear your mega happy Phil. Not much to beat an rcm tbh

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    Cheers, Grant.

I forget who it was on here who said that an RCM was one of the best upgrades they'd made to their system, but I have to concur.
    I often say that, although I'm sure others say the same. It is truly insane for people with decent vinyl front end NOT to have proper vacuum RCM. It's just as important as correct set-up in allowing you to retrieve the most out of the grooves and importantly it will prolong the life of your stylus and the generator assembly (which can get clogged with crud from the grooves).

I'm scott.

.Cheers, Grant.

Only three things are certain in life: Death , Taxes & a RCM . So, apparently, said Benjamin Franklin

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    Just a quick update to say that I'm overjoyed with my Record Doctor V machine.

I've also purchased the SRM/TECH bristle brush (looks and sounds brutal in practice, but really gets the job done) and some of Paul's 'The Right One' fluid and the results are outstanding. I've pulled a £4 copy of 'Hounds Of Love' from an almost unplayable state to more or less silent. Bloody astonishing.

For any really cruddy records (or from my own stash from way back at the start of my collecting days), I'm using the Spin Clean as a pre-clean, vacuuming with the RDV, cleaning again with the SRM brush and 'The Right One' fluid and then vacuuming off.

I've been able to empty my Amazon basket and eBay watch-list of all those records I thought I had to re-buy to get back to flawless playback. That alone would have been more expensive than the outlay for the machine, brush and fluid.

The only downside is that I'm more or less obliged to buy almost everything I now see without a scratch.

Further and further down the AOS rabbit-hole I slide...
    Glad the Right One is working for you Phil, We have Right One brushes and other accessories too.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Glad the Right One is working for you Phil, We have Right One brushes and other accessories too.
    It really is, Paul. Thanks again.

(P.S. - can you leave me some feedback on eBay? Muchos gracias)

I'm Simon.

What brush, noizzle are you using to vacuum off. I've some cracking pure brushed velvet tape and some 3M self adhesive sponge backing. Turned my okki nokki into a total hooligan, it used to wheeze a little and sucked poorly, now its like a five hundred dollar hooker.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Alan.

Hey Simon,
    Pray tell more, I have an Okki Nokki, which does a pretty good job IMHO, but I would be interested in any improvements to it.

Enjoy your music

cheers Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    What brush, noizzle are you using to vacuum off. I've some cracking pure brushed velvet tape and some 3M self adhesive sponge backing. Turned my okki nokki into a total hooligan, it used to wheeze a little and sucked poorly, now its like a five hundred dollar hooker.
    Hi, Simon

It's the Record Doctor V

http://snvinyl.co.uk/Record-Doctor-V...eaning-Machine

Scroll down that link and there's a video of it in use.

Would your velvet gear be suitable?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast